Fishing Rod Storage

wally

Mar 14, 2016
brisbane
Tried to figure out how to take a one piece 8 foot surf rod to my fav beach...IN THE VAN ....sooo bought a 2 piece 8 foot and found a great place to store it safely ........make it slide out of the bumper ............. ....pics attached
IMG_5070.jpg
IMG_5069.jpg
IMG_5067.jpg

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Great idea but I don't have to worry as, even though we carry rods, we don't catch fish.

We do try.

A shame....the rods, however, are carried in a special pole carrier on the draw bar.

wally

Mar 14, 2016
brisbane
Nice work. Did you have to fold up that slide or did you find something that fits?
The ends are the plastic caps that were on the RHS steel bar ..i just put a handle on them and a bolt and wing nut to hold it there...works a treat

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Agree.

Our rods, in a special pole carrier, have done lots of distance without being used. We were tempted but refrained because it was a pain to retrieve rods with no real hope of catching fish.

If readily available I might just improve at fishing!

Reactions: Drover and bigcol

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
I use the bumper to store my short water hose. I like how you have mounted the handle and have the bolt through it to keep it secure. I noticed my end cap is starting to get loose, will do this to prevent it falling out.

Reactions: wally and bigcol