16' Series Finally !! We now own an Expanda.

BOESMAN

May 13, 2013
G'day.
Swambo and I have been lurking on this site since 2013. It took us a while, but we finally managed to move on to a Jayco Expanda.

Thanks very much for this site as it meant we could read and research plenty to help us make up our mind.
We bought a 2010 Jayco Expanda 16.49.3 OB two days ago.

Today was spent cleaning the inside of the van. Plenty of red dust. Some small items broken which I might have to ask for some advice as to how to replace or fix.

Thanks again for having us.

IMG_6072.jpg

BOESMAN

May 13, 2013
Welcome @BOESMAN, after 7 years I think you can claim the title of the longest forum stalker. Congrats on the van, what have you upgrade from??

Ha Ha..... I will wear that crown with pleasure.

When we first started looking 10 years ago when we arrived on the shores of Australia, we could not afford much. The Expandas were way way over our $4000 budget.
We ended up getting a Chinese import camper trailer.
Then upgraded to a Coromal 526 family van.
Then we built a house an needed the money to put cupboards in the kitchen. So sold the van and used most of the money.
So, back to a camper trailer again.
Upgraded later again with a Windsor Rapid which we finally sold a couple of months ago to buy a client of mine's Expanda.

The plan is to keep this van as long as we can or until our 15 year old daughter tells us she has better things to do over a weekend. (which I am hoping will not be soon)

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Sounds like a familiar trail for many of us, strange that your 15 yr old daughter still acknowledges you as parents, you do sound lucky...............