Finally bought a 200 series.

Billnjim

Dec 9, 2015
Secret Harbour
I don't know what it is with me & telling the wife I'm just going for a look...............ended up buying a new 2016 GXL today and pick it up on Tuesday once the licensing has been completed. Have been looking everyday for the last two weeks at VX's and Altitudes second hand and I guess I panicked when I realised what the date was today and the fact that the Starcraft should be ready for collection at the beginning of March. Gives me a week and a bit to get some fruit put on it so it can be ready for towing duties.............won't bore you all with what I'm getting fitted but basically the shop will be thrown on it.

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Great job! You will get yours before me and @Holden_man . Mine arrives on the boat next Friday, then dealer said he'd call about the 9th March.
Can't wait until you post some pictures. Are you getting a rear wheel carrier @Billnjim ? One person told me that it can be done like @peterg 's one, then another told me it requires the whole new bumper. Am getting confused to say the least, so would love to know how you go if you are getting one.

Billnjim

Dec 9, 2015
Secret Harbour
Great job! You will get yours before me and @Holden_man . Mine arrives on the boat next Friday, then dealer said he'd call about the 9th March.
Can't wait until you post some pictures. Are you getting a rear wheel carrier @Billnjim ? One person told me that it can be done like @peterg 's one, then another told me it requires the whole new bumper. Am getting confused to say the least, so would love to know how you go if you are getting one.

I'll find out on Tuesday for you - after years of being a firm believer in only having ARB products supplied and fitted to my vehicles this vehicle will only have O/L products supplied and fitted - that means it'll end up probably being an outback accessories dual carrier; might have to be a gradual two or three month build up as O/L won't have the bull bar ready for release until after the camping and caravan show in Perth.

Only managed to get mine before you guys because it was already sitting in the yard so didn't have to go through the ordeal of having to wait but also meant I didn't have the option of fitting additional factory items during the build stage, like the leather seats I really wanted. Vehicle has the delivery kms on it of 33km and is stock standard in silver with a grey interior, no kdss or anything fancy except for the standard GXL specs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smirke

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
We didn't like the one in our dealers yard. It was dark blue (not really too bad), but the interior looked the same colour as baby poo! It was a horrible creamy yellowy fawn colour. I did say I'd pay $50 for it though. For some reason they said no.

And, ORE (myaree) have told me that the bull bar will be ready in time for our car, so O/ L should have it as well before the show. (Just don't get O/L in jandakot to put clearview mirrors on.)

Reactions: dagree

Billnjim

Dec 9, 2015
Secret Harbour
[QUOTE And, ORE (myaree) have told me that the bull bar will be ready in time for our car, so O/ L should have it as well before the show. (Just don't get O/L in jandakot to put clearview mirrors on.)[/QUOTE]

Being the facelift model landcruiser, O/L won't have the bar ready for the C&C show as they're in the final stages of testing for it otherwise my lv might of been used as the display vehicle..............they're going to use the earlier 200 series model as the display vehicle as a result of the bar not being ready for release but may have images available at the show - first bar shipment to Perth should occur in late March with me being about fourth in line. I won't be using Jandakot O/L for fitting my clearviews but wouldn't mind knowing what went wrong with such a simple task? PM me if you prefer.

I have no affiliation with O/L, just a positive relationship with one of the managers of one of metro stores......if that makes sense?

peterg

Jan 17, 2015
warrnambool
[QUOTE And, ORE (myaree) have told me that the bull bar will be ready in time for our car, so O/ L should have it as well before the show. (Just don't get O/L in jandakot to put clearview mirrors on.)

Being the facelift model landcruiser, O/L won't have the bar ready for the C&C show as they're in the final stages of testing for it otherwise my lv might of been used as the display vehicle..............they're going to use the earlier 200 series model as the display vehicle as a result of the bar not being ready for release but may have images available at the show - first bar shipment to Perth should occur in late March with me being about fourth in line. I won't be using Jandakot O/L for fitting my clearviews but wouldn't mind knowing what went wrong with such a simple task? PM me if you prefer.

I have no affiliation with O/L, just a positive relationship with one of the managers of one of metro stores......if that makes sense?[/QUOTE]

I find it interesting that O/L are "testing" the new bar. The underlying structure of LC 200 2016 hasn't changed. Apparently the front bumper clips points, etc are still the same. O/L had the same excuse when I got my 2014 LC. Turns out they had quality issues and couldn't get what they were chasing according to one of their retailers. That's why I ended up with an ARB sourced from elsewhere. Hope O/L can get it together because we need a good alternative to ARB and TJM.

Reactions: Billnjim

Billnjim

Dec 9, 2015
Secret Harbour

I have no affiliation with O/L, just a positive relationship with one of the managers of one of metro stores......if that makes sense?

I find it interesting that O/L are "testing" the new bar. The underlying structure of LC 200 2016 hasn't changed. Apparently the front bumper clips points, etc are still the same. O/L had the same excuse when I got my 2014 LC. Turns out they had quality issues and couldn't get what they were chasing according to one of their retailers. That's why I ended up with an ARB sourced from elsewhere. Hope O/L can get it together because we need a good alternative to ARB and TJM.[/QUOTE]

That was my understanding too..........apart from aesthetics the underlying structure remains the same. Don't get me wrong I'm all for R&D and maybe this has more to do with aesthetics for the face lift model then anything else - at the end of the day we all want a good looking bar that best suits the vehicle and offers the maximum amount of protection. I have complete faith that O/L will have the bar ready when stated..........just not for display before/during the show.

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
[QUOTE And, ORE (myaree) have told me that the bull bar will be ready in time for our car, so O/ L should have it as well before the show. (Just don't get O/L in jandakot to put clearview mirrors on.)

I have no affiliation with O/L, just a positive relationship with one of the managers of one of metro stores......if that makes sense?[/QUOTE]

Silly me, I'm getting the ARB bull bar, and you are talking about the ol one aren't you? (Spent the day cleaning the inside of the car and putting the cover back on the van as I polished it yesterday, so brain cell has well and truly gone awol!)

One of my mirrors (passenger one) was very wobbley so took it to ol (who put it on the car originally) to get replaced under warrantee. After an hour and a half, they came out and said they had ordered the wrong mirror. They got the drivers side one. Had to come back 2 weeks later. Some other stuff happened too (spoke to clearview directly a lot in that 2 weeks). End result was, went back....1 hour later left with a "new" mirror. Found it still wobbled. Called the clearview guys who said to see them at the show. When they looked at the mirror, they nearly fell over in shock. It was installed upside down!!! Ol had to have taken apart my old mirror, tried to fix it and then put it back together again. Wrongly. I now have a sizable dent in the car from it and it has rubbed the paint off to bare metal. Not a happy camper to say the least, and will not use them again.
Guys at clearview got some great shots of it, which no doubt have done the rounds.

Reactions: bigcol

Billnjim

Dec 9, 2015
Secret Harbour

Silly me, I'm getting the ARB bull bar, and you are talking about the ol one aren't you? (Spent the day cleaning the inside of the car and putting the cover back on the van as I polished it yesterday, so brain cell has well and truly gone awol!)

One of my mirrors (passenger one) was very wobbley so took it to ol (who put it on the car originally) to get replaced under warrantee. After an hour and a half, they came out and said they had ordered the wrong mirror. They got the drivers side one. Had to come back 2 weeks later. Some other stuff happened too (spoke to clearview directly a lot in that 2 weeks). End result was, went back....1 hour later left with a "new" mirror. Found it still wobbled. Called the clearview guys who said to see them at the show. When they looked at the mirror, they nearly fell over in shock. It was installed upside down!!! Ol had to have taken apart my old mirror, tried to fix it and then put it back together again. Wrongly. I now have a sizable dent in the car from it and it has rubbed the paint off to bare metal. Not a happy camper to say the least, and will not use them again.
Guys at clearview got some great shots of it, which no doubt have done the rounds.[/QUOTE]

My god - that's appalling; I would be sooooo p1ssed off if that had happened to me, glad this site allows people to name and shame to avoid heartache from others finding out the hard way................I take it there was no effort on their behalf to rectify the issue or was a case of once bitten twice shy. I'll pass your comments onto a mate who is about to get some accessories fitted & make sure he doesn't use these people regardless if the price looks good.

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
My god - that's appalling; I would be sooooo p1ssed off if that had happened to me, glad this site allows people to name and shame to avoid heartache from others finding out the hard way................I take it there was no effort on their behalf to rectify the issue or was a case of once bitten twice shy. I'll pass your comments onto a mate who is about to get some accessories fitted & make sure he doesn't use these people regardless if the price

It was a few months between them touching the car and the guys at clearview fixing it. To be honest @Billnjim , I didn't notice until the clearview guys showed me. I was more angry as people don't listen to a girl when they report something 'not right' with a car, or any other thing that's classified as non girly. We just let it go but vowed never to go back or buy anything thru them again.

The car has been a huge disappointment, so even though I'm freaking out about the cruiser, I've also got everything crossed that this car will be ok.
I'm just hoping the guys at ORE are good as they are the ones working on the new car. Gave me what I think is a good price for the tow pro and poly airbags ($850 installed), so am hoping all goes well.

Reactions: dagree

Billnjim

Dec 9, 2015
Secret Harbour
Hi Smirke,

I made enquiries on the rear wheel carrier & saw one being fitted today - departure angle is improved as O/L cut part of the bottom bumper away to fit the outback accessories dwc, not all of it maybe somewhere between a third and a half, looks good but everyone has their own opinions/tastes. My concern now is obsecuring the factory fitted reverse camera - am seriously contemplating having the spare mounted on a roof rack.

Reactions: Smirke

peterg

Jan 17, 2015
warrnambool
Hi Smirke,

I made enquiries on the rear wheel carrier & saw one being fitted today - departure angle is improved as O/L cut part of the bottom bumper away to fit the outback accessories dwc, not all of it maybe somewhere between a third and a half, looks good but everyone has their own opinions/tastes. My concern now is obsecuring the factory fitted reverse camera - am seriously contemplating having the spare mounted on a roof rack.

Always wondered how you get a fully inflated wheel onto the roof racks without dropping it, doing some muscle damage or swearing a lot. It's hard enough getting the buggers onto a wheel carrier.

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Always wondered how you get a fully inflated wheel onto the roof racks without dropping it, doing some muscle damage or swearing a lot. It's hard enough getting the buggers onto a wheel carrier.

It's not easy, and in fact quite dangerous.

With that weight and height the chances of injuring yourself are very high.

It also places it very high from a centre of gravity point of view on a vehicle that already has a high centre of gravity.

Putting on a rear bar is the best option if you are using the space underneath for a larger fuel tank or water tank.

Reactions: Billnjim and Smirke

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Hi Smirke,

Apparently if you get the wheel mounted on RHS, then it doesn't interfere with the reverse camera, but if on the lhs, it means moving it. I have no idea where the camera is, I didn't look when checking out the car, so am going by what was told.
I thought about putting it on the roof rack, but I'd struggle big time to do that., in fact I wouldnt even be able to lift the thing! (I'm pulling the girly card for that one for sure)

Reactions: bigcol and Billnjim

peterg

Jan 17, 2015
warrnambool
Camera on a 200 is beside the rear door handle hidden up and under a bit.

Camera would have to be moved if you get aleft mount carrier. Probably out onto the wheel carrier.

Reactions: Billnjim and Smirke