Final decisions before build

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
We got our confirmation yesterday and all is good i just need to decide where everything needs to go. As you may recall i got a few options but the factory wont do a 3rd water tank :ohwell: which i can understand.

i have to decide on where to put the Gas bayonets. i figured one under the fridge (which is near the back) and the second near the front but where? Can anyone offer there expriences? we have a hillbilly camp oven that users gas so want to be able to chose front or back. i will be putting a pole holder on the front and a box on the a-frame as well.

The other option i am going with is an second outside light on the roadside, originally thought for the outside shower but now thinking i will put it in the centre over the wheel arch and use it for any off the following
1. outside shower
2. hooking up services at night
3. tyre change at night :Cry:

Also thinking, Jayco Clock!!! and is a fridge fan any good? I belive the proper Dometic ones work off a thermostat and are excellent.

And finally the Anderson plug, they are using it to go to the battery is that what most have? i would have thought better for the fridge?

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
Hi Jim
For the Jayco clock we were told be the dealer "it just a big round clock with Jayco written across the face. They need to cut a hole in the panelling to fit it, and when it breaks you're left with that hole" I noted the 'when' rather than 'if' breaks...
We elected to fit our own clock of a suitable appearance.
Anderson plug - really it is to your own choice. We have requested the ando plug, as I like the idea of a heavier wire running the fridge and/or battery that a a small one off the 12 pin plug. However, others have fitted the 12 pin and I haven't heard complaints. Remember you need the Paj wired up accordingly if not already done, which adds another $250+
Again, like you we order two gas bayonets. I am lead to believe one will be under the front boot hatch, and the other behind the wheel mud flap (or there abouts)

Cheers
Andrew

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
thanks for the tip on the clock

yeah i would have thought the anderson to the fridge would be more important.

those with water tank control panels were are they mounting them?

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
those with water tank control panels were are they mounting them?
They mounted mine beside the sink... not a bad location in my opinion... I am going to mount my battery monitor there also (more detailed than the voltage indicator on the control panel)

IMG_0844.jpgIMG_0064.JPG

the battery monitor (below) will be to the right.

monitor.PNG

Cheers,

Four of us

Apr 27, 2011
Ipswich QLD
those with water tank control panels were are they mounting them?[/QUOTE said:
My hubby fitted our water control panels and we decided to put them just inside the doorway up high RHS...for me the logic was we could see them clearly and he didn't have to pop into van to see whether they needed filling or not.

Clock-my parents have gone through 3-4 jayco clocks!

We have a centred roadside light...make sure they wire it to a switch inside the van (extra security option) as ours didn't come like this but they are changing it for us.

We were advised that we didn't need the cooling fan for fridge because they are tropical rated.

gas bayonet..we ordered one it wasn't fitted at the factory, jayco have arranged for someone to fit it at our house.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
The anderson plug to the fridge would be handy but is this going to be able to charge the vans battery whilst travelling via the car?
It would be good to have both :car: but not sure if it is possible.
We have our anderson plug wired to the battery and my thought was if the van battery was to go flat I just plug the car in and it has power again.(we dont have solar)

Just a thought