Interior Fetch TV install

Lap Dog

Jan 13, 2017
Currently on the big Lap
image.jpg
This post is more about blind luck than being particularly technical. I bought a Fetch TV box and had trouble finding a decent place to install it in our 20.4 OB. I eventually found that it fitted vertically in the overhead cupboard perfectly... Won't fall out due to cupboard flanges and hinges ...mm perfect. You just have to open the cupboard when watching TV ... And place something behind the box to keep it stable ... No problems for 3,000kms.

To install I used a 50mm hole saw and a 40mm plumbing pipe flange. I used a basket to hold all the wires out of the way mounted up in the cupboard.

In terms of the FetchTV box itself. Great! You can record up to 5 channels and there is very little loss from the splitter. Has a 1tb hard drive so you can record about a million hours of TV. No DVDs player tho.

As a side note I found out when I visited a site that had it's own aerial plug that the standard Jayco internal cabling isn't up to much ( that's not news to most). To help a bit I thought that I would shell out for an expensive Belkin cable to the Fetch TV unit. The standard Jayco one outperformed that one which is now in the expensive mistakes bin. I have since upgraded to RG6... Unfortunately not thru the entire system.

Reactions: warren cook