Faulty water/battery gauge - Any fixes?

Izzya123

Mar 18, 2011
Mount Martha, Victoria
Hi all,

At Katherine NT doing the 3 mnth trip from Vic, so can't pop into my local dealer....not until Darwin!!

Anyway, ran out of water free camping cause the 'coast to coast' Jayco monitor indicated tank 1 was empty but tank 2 was full??

However both tanks were empty.

So, tank 1 sensors & battery monitor are working fine.....tank 2 sensors appear to be faulty.

Does anyone have a quick fix idea for the tank 2 sensors?? All are still connected to the tank, and wires intact.

Cheers,

Izzy.

Big Gee

Apr 8, 2011
The ACT
I agree with Christian, our wiring was too short....... poorly routed and the issues continued......... I bet it has been hit by a rock & shorted out!

coled1970

May 27, 2012
Hunter Valley, Newcastle
Agreed,

we had exactly the same issue and found that where the wires where pulled rock solid around the sharp edge of the tank protector they had just rubbed through enough to short the front tank sensor indicating it was full. Bent shield out of way and taped wires up till i can lengthen them.

Cheers

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Our wires to the water monitor needed to get replaced under warranty also due to rubbing through :sad:, I sense a bit of a theme here. Mine didn't read incorrectly though.......maybe I was just lucky

How did you go Izzy?

Izzya123

Mar 18, 2011
Mount Martha, Victoria
Thnx all.

I'll crawl under and have a look.

Warranty job for when I get back.

Also, had the heated glass around the electric hotplate shatter as it cooled down!! Will replace under warranty at Darwin.

Izzy

smwilk

Apr 6, 2012
Gold Coast
My 2nd tank (assume that is the rear tank??) is also showing as full but is empty. I have checked the wires and while very tight I can't find any damage or short circuit. Any thoughts?