External shower without HWS

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Can you order the external shower but opt not to have the hot water system installed?

Geoff

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Oh, it will have hot water, but I will do that bit. I just thought it would be easier to have jayco fit the shower kit. I dont want to go cutting into the side.

Geoff

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Oh, it will have hot water, but I will do that bit. I just thought it would be easier to have jayco fit the shower kit. I dont want to go cutting into the side.

Geoff
What u thinkin about mate, I've been wondering about shower options for free camping!

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Not sure yet! Need to measure up to see what will fit. I would like gas continuous flow but space might be a problem. I am a plumber so I can do all the plumbing etc and I have a couple small hot water systems available, sitting in the garage. Just still doing all the research at the moment on what I need to have included in the final order. Even on cold water only the shower would be handy for washing sand etc off the kids.

Geoff

grinner914

Aug 3, 2011
Bacchus Marsh VIC
I had the Hot Water, pump and shower fitted on ours when we bought it last year, this is our shower here:
http://caravansplus.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=5113
I reckon the shower is pretty poor quality, feels very "plasticy" like it would easily break and the flow from the shower head is low.

The way I use mine at the moment is to remove the shower head from the hose, connect a longer hose on to it and run it into a shower tent with a garden type spray shower nozzel.

Jason

Drizzlingje

Oct 27, 2011
hi Grinner,

to answer your question, Yes. I have the external shower factory fitting without the hot water unit. I havent needed to use it yet...but im sure it will be handy at some stage! The flow with the pump seem suprisingly good to me, i expected less. I have purchased one of the coleman instant hot water units for showering etc...again havents used it yet but im sure it will come in handy at some stage!

Btw Ananconda has 40% off the units atm, a ripper price at $229.

Cheers

ben