16' Series Extended Draw Bar (300mm)

Pieter

Sep 1, 2011
Tieri, QLD, Australia
:israel:Hi,
I was hoping someone can give me some details on the drawbar extension. What is the actual benifit of having it extended? The cost is very minimal ($200) that's why I was wondering if it is worth doing it.

drewy

May 29, 2011
South East Melbourne
We have ordered the extended draw bar, it will allow the one piece tail gate on the Pajero to open fully and will give us some more room to possibly mount a bike rack. It should make the tow ball weight slightly less as well I believe. The only down side that I can see is the extra length of van we need to deal with.

Reactions: Pieter

Ben

Aug 22, 2011
Mandurah, WA
It will also make reversing the van easier. Main reason I am extending the drawbar is to do as another member on here has and install a toolbox for gennie, gas, fuel etc. Just need to relocate the spare wheel.

Ben

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
When we had the jackaroo you coulden't drop the front bed down, because of the spare tyre, on our old expanda without unhitching the van
So on our new expanda we got the extended draw bar , even though my wife now has a pathfinder, to give us a little more room plus I fitted a toolbox

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
Same, we order it for extra fittings, whether bikes or boxes etc, but also as mentioned above the extra length helps (slightly) with maneuvering.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Okay I'll be the bearer of bad news, the advantages of the extended are all of the above and why we went with the extended drawbar. But the disadvantage beside obviously longer overall length is bottoming out over dips and mounds. We live on a block that slopes away from the road. The footpath goes up at 7degrees of the road and then drops over quickly to slope down the other way. The longer your drawbar the more chance your hitch will drag going over it.