Expandas everywhere

randl007

Oct 27, 2011
Queensland
Just wondered if anyone brought their expanda to North Straddie over the christmas period. We have the unfortunate luck to live here and by unfortunate I mean that everytime we drive around in the holidays we see expandas and are reminded we will not have ours until Feb/March. when we see them we are tempted to ask if they belong to the forum but for those uninitiated they may look at us gone out, so we just look from afar. However the reason for this post is that if anyone is over on Straddie and they want to catch up (Put faces to names etc) then let me know via this forum and we can meet for a coffee/beer. H:thumb::thumb::thumb:appy new year to all and hope its full of weekends and holidays in the Expanda

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
North Straddie is a top spot. Use to frequent there a lot back in the 70's 80's. We went there again in Sept 2011. Stayed near Pt Lookout pub.
Have they opened the track around to the blow hole?
Will you get good ferry rates withe the Expanda on the Big Red Cat and Stradie Ferries?
Cheers Dean

randl007

Oct 27, 2011
Queensland
by blow hole do you mean the walking track around the headland, if so I am not sure as we rarely walk it. As for the redcat or Strad ferries, unfortunately we pay the same. we are planning on storing the panda over on the mainland and use it every 6 weeks or so. this then works out cheaper. we shall see as it also gives us the incentive to use it more often

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
Yes, the headland track. It was all closed off when we went there back in Sept.
Storing the Expanda on the mainland seems like a better idea. Those ferries are not cheap.