Expanda Wheels not balanced??

Ch00ka77

Apr 28, 2012
Maffra VIC
Hey all as I have played around with my tyres the last few days I noticed all wheels are not balanced? As there is no weights on any of my tyres? Is every one missing wheel weights from there tyres? The mag wheel type. As it is near impossible to have a perfectly balanced wheel....

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Yeah they dont balance them, I got mine balanced and found they were out too.

They got balanced when I flipped the tyres on the rims for white writing out :smile: but thats a whole new topic :music:

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
You old school guys with the white lettering out !!! only joking as im the same but as a rule in this industry trailer tyre/rims arent balanced unless you ask for it .. I always do mine though

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
All 3 of my Jayco's over the years were unbalanced took my Panda to Jax the day after delivery to have it done, thats when we found out the spare doesn't come out without removing gas bottles, HHHHMMMMM still haven't done anything about that.

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
In prep for our two week trip over the school holidays, I have just had all 5 wheels balanced. Some were our quite a lot.

Made the appointment yesterday, pulled into the tyre place at the agreed time - 30 minutes later drove out with all tyres balanced for $37.50!

Also gave me a chance to check that the hubs were spinning freely. And I also know the wheel nuts are also nice and snug. :D

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Thinking of getting ours done before we set off on a Melbourne - Brisbane trip.

I check the wheel nuts before each days travel. Book says to do them every 100k for the 1st 400k after taking the wheels off which is fine except the stupid hub covers that Jayco fitted need to be removed to allow a wheel brace on them. This means removing 3 piddly screws which when multiplied by 4 is a pain in the a#rse.

Can you run without the covers on? Are they just for looks or are they important? Anyone know?

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Thinking of getting ours done before we set off on a Melbourne - Brisbane trip.

I check the wheel nuts before each days travel. Book says to do them every 100k for the 1st 400k after taking the wheels off which is fine except the stupid hub covers that Jayco fitted need to be removed to allow a wheel brace on them. This means removing 3 piddly screws which when multiplied by 4 is a pain in the a#rse.

Can you run without the covers on? Are they just for looks or are they important? Anyone know?
You can leave them off mate they are cosmetic only.

I have been thinking lately that on our next long distance trip to leave the caps off then it also makes it easier to check the wheel bearing temperatures when pulled over. Leaving them off may also let the bearings run cooler as the heat can escape.

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Cheers CD.................I thought they were!

Off to the local Beaurepaires to become balanced. We have done about 4000 km in the last 10 months without balancing and we are about to do 4000 km in the next 2 weeks, so probably be worth the effort.

Reckon it might help with fuel economy?