Expanda parked up

Where2nxt

Oct 6, 2012
Western Australia
Now I have the van at home and will be putting it under cover till my next trip. Any ideas of how to store the van eg; fridge open, weight off wheels. Water tanks? Leave battery in/out?
It will be outside but I do have a cover for it. Anything you have come across. Ideas welcomed. Cheers

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi where2next, fridge if fine closed providing it's clean an dry inside, weight on wheels is ok unless you don't plan on a trip for years. Leave battery in and keep it topped up, say once a month either with built in charger or other and there was a thread on here not long ago about water tanks and consensus was to store full. After a period of rain have a look inside and check for leaks. If you store outside like I do, covers are about your only option but a hassle to put on!

Cheers.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Prefer to leave fridge door ajar with the blue clip thingy, just for air flow. I leave a few windows open a little also to avoid condensation. Covers are a good idea but agree with Burnsy hassle to fit, especially on full size vans (3 people with poles or brooms helps. They come off easy enough, though. Folding them up is a two man job. Agree full tanks and flush all drain pipes. Fully clean out cassette toilet and prep for storage - there are good tips elsewhere own this forum.

Where2nxt

Oct 6, 2012
Western Australia
Ok thanks for that. Not lucky enough for a shed to fit. Cover will have to do. Lot of dust in the north west
It gets 48deg here in summer so, keeping water in the tank. Not to sure. Anything I can add to the water

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Put all plugs in sinks/shower outlets (helps keep crawlies out) place good layer of Talcum powder around any point of contact to the ground (ants wont cross powder) or good spray with surface spray.

Actually Roothy recommends a good spraying underneath with Lanolin (eg Lanotec ) prevents rusting and apparently the bugs hate it too.

Where2nxt

Oct 6, 2012
Western Australia
Thanks Holden man. I'll have a look at that.
Bushman. Some good ideas. Never thought about crawlies. Hey, not to offend anyone but, Roothy's not a kiwi by chance Just asking..... That lanolin would keep, MOST, thing away, I'm sure, but good idea
Thanks

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Also if its sitting on concrete park it up on some blocks of wood to preserve the tyres, the concrete can cause flat spots and the tyres to go hard.

This I guess mainl if its parked up for a long time anyway :thumb: