Eaz Lift WDH

Klugerclan

Aug 31, 2011
Has anyone recently purchased the Eaz Lift through their dealer ? We are due to pick up in the next couple of weeks. The dealer has said hold-off till the day, and see if we need one. Being a FWD Kluger we know we want one / will need one.

How much are they selling for and does anyone have any good / bad experiences with them ?

Newclan

Jun 26, 2011
Port Hedland
We have one for our Pajero and it is brillinat and easy to use, I would not tow without it. purchased this year, it was somwhere around $500 not sure exactly. I got in Perth and drove back to Port Hedland (1600km) towing the van the (behind hilux) and the car sat even, and on the pajero the car sits as if the van was not there Expanda 18.57 -?

grinner914

Aug 3, 2011
Bacchus Marsh VIC
I would let the dealer know that you want to buy the WDH, and that you want them to set it up when you pick up the van.

I bought my EAZ Lift WDH from Award RV in Ferntree Gully for about $540, but then I had to spend another $100 to get a different drop down shank to suit my car, whereas if I had bought the WDH from the dealer in the first place, I'm sure they would have supplied the correct shank to suit the car.

Jason

Reactions: Klugerclan

Klugerclan

Aug 31, 2011
Jason, many thanks, spot on. Was about to go to Award and do exactly the same thing as you did. I spoke to Jayco today, pick up a couple of weeks and said I wanted one for a Kluger, check they have in stock for us. Have to call back to parts dept they are saying $440 for the WDH and then take off a 10% discount, not sure for the shank, will call again Monday, but will sort out on the day.

boots33

Jun 25, 2011
Maudsland Gold Coast Hinterland Qld
Has anyone recently purchased the Eaz Lift through their dealer ? We are due to pick up in the next couple of weeks. The dealer has said hold-off till the day, and see if we need one. Being a FWD Kluger we know we want one / will need one.

How much are they selling for and does anyone have any good / bad experiences with them ?

Hey there Klugerclan I just picked up an eaz lift elite 600 series for our van on friday and fitted it up today. Cost $575 from our local Jayco agent with the standard 8 inch long drop shank. Until now have just been using the air bags on my Territory to level everything up but was not completely happy with how it handled some of the back roads. Nothing scary but a little more body roll and occasional sway was evident than i would have liked. Took it out for a short test run to see if it has made any difference and it would seem to have made a huge improvement in how the van handles. I must say I am very impressed with the results and am now looking forward to our next trip in a couple of weeks to give it a more thorough work out. The only down side is it now sits the nose of the van a little higher than it should, I do not want to fit an extended drop shank as they are very low so i will be doing as others have done on this forum and get the hitch lifted 50mm and that should be about right.

Reactions: Klugerclan

Klugerclan

Aug 31, 2011
Thanks Boots, we have been quoted by Page Bros for the unit at $425 plus shank which be somewhere between $139 to $200 depending on which one less 10% discount. They will fit on the day. Seems the way to go. Matt.

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Hey Kluger, we are getting a 17.56-2 through Bayswater and they advised us also to wait until pickup day. They will (and people have told me they are good at it - should be I guess considering how many they do) sort out which hardware is required and fit it with the discount as well.

We tow a standard Eagle (Ball Weight approx 110 kg loaded) and it drops the back down on our heavy springed Prado, so I know a ball weight of 160 kg will definitely need a WDH.

We are due 5 Dec (sounds like a child) how 'bout yourselves?

Klugerclan

Aug 31, 2011
Good luck, very soon for you too, we picked up our swan from bayswater, MacKenzies (Andy) sold it to us and Stuart did the hand over and many thanks to them both, they made it all very enjoyable. We pencilled in today to get ours on the 25th of this month so getting very excited now. We have told Page Brothers that we want the WDH regardless. As per previous post we have been worried about weight and the Kluger, but my wife was chatting today to the owner of local Baker's Delight who had recently bought serious big van, they were due use parents 4WD who at last minute said they would join them so pulled it with their 2wd Kluger and no WDH. They said all went well and weight was in excess of 2,500 kg ! We have subsequently put them right. The weight of the 56.2 ruled it out for us, love to keep the Kluger if we can...

We had the swan on sale for 3 months, 3 calls and 3rd person bought it, was getting scary, advise is to sell van then order new one if you can resist temptation. 2002 Swan in good nick, we were offered 10k by dealer and sold for over 16k.

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Traded it as part of the sale.

Did the numbers and the change over price in our case was better than a sale and purchase. Also it has meant we have been able to keep the Eagle while we wait....have used it 3 times since we ordered the Expanda.

acmackie

Apr 19, 2012
Glenmore Park
I'm looking at the Eazlift WDH for my 17.56.2OB that I'm picking up in less than 2 weeks. From memory the 17.56 has towball weight about 180kg empty, and with potential to load up to about 2500kg, then the 10% "rule" would mean I could end up with up to about 250kg towball weight. So the 600 series should be enough, but then I read somewhere that to decide what weight rating to get you also need to consider the weight placed in the boot of the tow vehicle. So I am not sure if I should get the 600 or 800 series. Any advice would be appreciated.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
I had an Eaz Lift WDH sold to me by the dealer after I insisted it need one, and told him mitsubishi recommend on ball weight over 135kg, I found the Eaz Lift to be a good product I liked the way the bars locked to the head but for my liking and set up it made it way to low, and also had issue with rear door on the Pajero opening and there just wasn't enough adjustment in the head for my likeing both in height and camber, I ended up selling it and going with the Hayman Reece which solved all the problem because the adjustment are just that much finer/better