East Coast Adventures

Janeymck

May 19, 2017
Sunbury
Hubby Pete and I are 3 weeks into our 6 month adventure along the East Coast. We left home (northern Melbourne) on the 15th May. There are actually 3 of us on this trip as Henri our 2 1/2 yo Chocolate and White Border Collie is along for the ride.
We are driving a 2015 Ford Ranger, towing a 2015 Base station with Pete's pride and joy a Triumph 1200 Adventure bike in the back.
Our first and only planned stop was in Lakes Entrance - we just wanted to get on the road and a fairly easy 5 hour drive sounded good for day 1.
All set up at the Koonwara Family C.P
IMG_4313.JPG

After 2 days exploring the area we decided it was time to move further along the coast so off to Mallacoota we went. We booked into the Mallacoota Foreshore CP for 2 nights but ended up staying 5.
IMG_4333.JPG

Time to move on again. While staying in Mallacoota we were told about a place called "Wallaga Lake" just north of Bermagui, so off we went. O my goodness what a find. Just 5 mins north of Bermagui is this majestic lake and the Regatta Point CP lets you park your van 10' off the bank. This is the first place Pete got the bike out of the van. Again we booked for 2 nights and is becoming the norm we then stayed on for a further 5 nights so the bike got ridden on 2 occasions.
IMG_4352.JPG

IMG_4349.JPG

It was hard to leave but it was time so off to the Ulladulla Headland Holiday Park we went. This was more of a trip down memory lane - my Nanna lived part of her life here and it was where we spent some wonderful childhood holidays. Boy has it changed - its a booming metropolis now and for that reason it was only a short visit. But during that time we managed to see whales heading North from the lighthouse lookout.
IMG_4403.JPG

Unsure where to go to next we remembered another recommendation - this time about Kiama being a nice spot so Kendall's Beach Holiday Park was booked for 2 nights. What a coast line and what a lovely town. There is plenty to see including the blowhole which due to the high wind gusts we were experiencing was at its best. There is lots to see inland of the coast too.
IMG_4431.JPG

The next 4 nights were spent catching up with family in Sydney. We spent 2 nights at the Sydney
Tourist Park, Miranda and the next at Percy's Place at Pitt town. Both were great but I would highly recommend Percy's Place. Its 110acres of green grass and great facilities and if you need to go into Sydney its a 50 min train trip.
It can get a bit foggy in the mornings.
IMG_4455.JPG

Today we arrived at the Toowoon Bay Caravan Park and because the weather is going to be fairly wet this week and the long weekend is just days away I think we could be here for a week at least, but I will keep you posted on that. Henri is happy whatever we do.

IMG_4460.JPG

IMG_4454.JPG

The escapist

Nov 9, 2016
Sydney
Trip so far sounds great. We've a beautiful coastline to explore that's for sure, what better way to do it than with a bike in the van! That's awesome!

Love the pic of the sleeping dog, but where's the pics of the bike?

The escapist

Nov 9, 2016
Sydney
Good looking bike! Love the comfort of an adventure tourer, will definitely be my next bike - they're great for a taller fella!

Lozza T

Aug 13, 2016
Melbourne
Sounds like an awesome trip!
Hope to do the East Coast one day soon but may only be able to take 3-4 weeks off work.