Double external power point

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
When I went to the last caravan show I noticed that Sterlings have a double external power point. Well I get sick of swapping the kettle and toaster leads over so this should solve the problem. It is plug and play and looks like it will just swap over pretty easy. I grabbed it from Jayco, they weren't a spare part item, but they are now. Handy when they can just pop down and grab them off the line.

Cheers Geoff

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
It looks very smart, I should get around to fitting it over the weekend. I think it will be a popular mod because it will be so simple. I will take some photos. I will probably have to enlarge the hole as it is a little wider. And the beauty of their wiring system is I don't have to be an Electrician.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Got around to doing install. A little cutting required, nothing too drastic.

IMG_2102.JPG IMG_2103.JPG IMG_2105.JPG

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Not cheap, $75. The other option was another single outlet, short wiring loom and double adaptor. For the ease of just being plug and play and I have not seen them anywhere else yet, I thought the cost was acceptable. I'm sure they will be cheaper when they get into the caravan stores. That included the larger shroud for inside the van to cover the connections.

If I was ordering a new van, I would be asking for one of these.

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
When I asked about extra internbal points. Jayco was quoting about $150 each. I didn't ask about the external, but Im guessing $75 is a bargain.

clynto

Jun 28, 2012
Sunshine coast QLD
Hi I purchased another of the double points for the outside of my van and I got it from Brisbane camper lands online store for $50 delivered. They are the cms brand

clynto

Jun 28, 2012
Sunshine coast QLD
Sorry all I forgot to mention the double is not on there website. I had to phone them and they are only new to them. But they are in stock and very helpful people.