17' Series Doorway cushion why bother

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
image.jpg
Well can anyone give me a reason why they bother putting a cushion on door frame past the pop top edge.
I dropped a few words in front of the kids twice on latest holiday.
Would it make more sense in the pop top frame? No idea how I would actually get under it to use padding :)

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Not sure why in the pop top version, but I was grateful for ours while we were away, as I managed to hit my head on it a few times. (Not to mention the microwave, bed bar and bed roof surround that is metal).
Can see what you mean though, on the frame would be more logical.

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
I hit my head on a regular basis on ours, so quite grateful that its there.

I'm trying to source the same fabric to add one to the edge of the microwave.

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
Not having much natural padding I'm quite happy to have what's fitted, and could do with more. Wish I'd kept some of the "bump caps" that we used to have at work and that I gave to my Father years ago.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
just went and had a look at our new van (full height) which we've just spent 16 days in and didn't notice there's no padding over the door, but wishing it was on the end of the overhead cupboard just inside the door, cause that's where I cracked my nogg'n .

Reactions: davemc

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
It's there to help the flies. As you chase them towards the door they don't quite make it through, they bounce off cushion and then have another crack at getting through. No flies get hurt that way.

Another initiative of the FPS (Fly Protection Society), which allows Jayco to retain there 5 Star Eco rating. Part of which includes, design features that prevents injury to native Australian fauna.