Starcraft Door hitting window on 17=58.3

Rusteze

Dec 12, 2015
redland bay
Hi all.We have just ordered our new van but noticed that you cant fully open the door as it hits the window if the window is also open.Has anyone fitted some sort of mod to allow you to have the window fully extended without hitting the door?

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Never had that problem but the main solution seems to be to have the door hinged from the other side at factory. If you have just ordered it may not be too late to have it changed.

Rusteze

Dec 12, 2015
redland bay
it then hits the window on the other side though.if the window was over by another 10mm it wouldn't be a problem and was told they cant move the window over.i was thinking of somehow extending the locking arm that holds the door a little further away as that would solve the issue for me but just don't know what to use

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
hi @Rusteze welcome to the forum.
I think they might of fixed that issue on newer models as the windows been moved. I saw this new model in the yard last week
img_9738-jpg.jpg

If not my wife made up a pool noodle solution have a look down this page, actually the whole thread have some good ideas.
http://www.expandasdownunder.com/th...-3-options-quirks-post-them-here.5166/page-12
I think a few other people have done different things.. Although hope they fixed it

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
We have this problem on our 21.64-1 and it drives us crazy, particularly that we now know that others have had the door reversed at the factory.

They need to come up with something better in design as there are so many models in their range that have the same problem

ACTraveller

Apr 23, 2010
ACT
Our work around was to have a couple of very strong rubber bands linked together so however far you have the window opened we could get a nice tight, but not too tight, hold of the door against the window - it doesn't bother us at all - its a simple fix and one we are happy to do as a tradeoff for having large windows on both sides of the door - plenty of light inside and great in Qld in the heat. We bought a box of the strong rubber bands from office works, cost under $5 so no problem if one breaks or perishes after use. Works well for us.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Yep it's an issue but seems to be more of a concern on the 17:58-3 before you get it! In the year since having ours it's not been a problem, you just need to be aware when opening window.