Doc's Starcraft 22.86-1 OB TL

Doc

May 2, 2016
Hobart, Australia
Collection day approaches :) Friday at 1pm is our scheduled time, although due to 'this and that' we'll actually be doing the pre-delivery inspection on Thursday afternoon.

Looking forward to seeing how it came up, once the couple of dealer-fit extras have been added.

Final spec did not give us a 3500kg ATM (which isn't an issue), but we DID get a 600kg payload. So that is decent.

Starcraft 22.68-1 OB (outback)
“TL” pack (smooth fibreglass skin, leatherette upholstery)
Double bunks
‘L’ shaped dinette
Ceramic bowl toilet
Aircon upgrade (AirCommand Ibis)
Water filter to sink
TV antenna upgrade (‘sensar’???)
Washing machine
Slide out stainless BBQ
External table (fold out)
Grey water tank
Gas Heater
2nd deep cycle battery
2nd television (with antenna outlet) - mounted in top bunk for the kid
'Central’ jockey-wheel (middle of A frame, not on the side)
Curtain to separate main bed from living room
Curtains to both bunks
240v powerpoints to be doubles
Front wardrobes fitted out with shelves (not hanging space)
‘Drifter’ control panel
External entertainment unit
2 x 150w solar panels
ATM upgrade (600kg payload)
Stoneguard (Jayco - same as 'Silverline')
Extended drawbar

Doc

May 2, 2016
Hobart, Australia
This is how it looked 'fresh off the truck'

Attachments

• exterior sml.JPG
    exterior sml.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 332
  • interior sml 1.JPG
    interior sml 1.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 342
  • interior sml 2.JPG
    interior sml 2.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 354
  • interior sml 3.JPG
    interior sml 3.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 355

Doc

May 2, 2016
Hobart, Australia
So she scrubbed up well for delivery inspection. Very happy with the end result, and very happy with our spec. Had a quick one-nighter away on the weekend and everything worked as intended.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 381
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 386
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 319
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 343
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 338
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 354
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 349
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 346
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 362

Doc

May 2, 2016
Hobart, Australia
Oh, and those gas heaters are awesome! I fully admit to being dubious, but it worked like a charm. Quiet, efficient... The Y62 Patrol handles the weight admirably (to be expected).

Doc

May 2, 2016
Hobart, Australia
All kinds of little jobs happening this weekend. You know, those 'bits and pieces' that you keep putting off and never get to.

Due to previous circumstances, we have 40m of drinking water hose. That is in 2 x 20m sections. I'm going to pack 1 x 20m section away, and split the other into 2 x 10m sections. Bit easier to handle.

Also, we have previously used 2 x 10 inch water filters (a sediment filter and a carbon block). However the water down here in Tassie is so good, they are rarely needed. Something to be packed away under the bottom bunk "just in case". I'm resorting to a single irrigation-style 'grit trap'. That will stop grit from jamming in pressure valves, non-return valves etc.

We've never needed a stove-top kettle believe it or not. We've either used a billy, or a 240v jug. But no! We're lashing out and buying ourselves a stove-top kettle to use inside. We're really lashing out :)

Next, break out the label-maker and clear plastic labels to put names on the light switches. Will help reduce confusion for the Mrs and young bloke. Of course I don't need the switches labelled....no..... *cough*

Damn CGear ground sheet. Migrated out of the old van and has bee hiding down in the back shed ever since. Well, it's gonna migrate its way into the new van.

Our pups sleep on the bottom bunk in cold weather - they like being inside with us. A custom vinyl mattress protector prevents any smells etc from permeating the mattress. Time to cover their 'outside' beds in an envelope made of vinyl with a shadecloth covering. My sewing 'skills' to get a workout on the machine.

Then there's the 'garden hose'. Don't know about you lot, but I tend to plug a normal garden hose into the drawbar on the tap when we setup camp. It has a trigger spray and is soooooo handy for all kinds of things. Well, after wrangling an 18m hose for the last few years I've bitten the bullet and it's going to become a two piece affair as well!

Motivation to do things has come on strong with the new van :)

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
That's the fun bit...getting what you already have to suit the new van...without big $$.

Don't go too crazy with the kettle buy and get a silicone collapsible one....not worth it!

Now you'll have to save up for saucepans and plates and......??

Enjoy!

Reactions: dagree

Bridgetw19

Oct 19, 2016
Country
hi, hope your van is going well we have just purchased one also due for delivery in December. Could I ask for a picture of the Front wardrobes fitted out with shelves (not hanging space). Did you also shift the battery from under main bed? Thank you

Doc

May 2, 2016
Hobart, Australia
HI all, sorry - haven't been to the storage yard in a couple of weeks, and won't be getting there anytime soon unfortunately. So no pics available.