Difference In 12 pin socket diagrams

PMK

Jul 25, 2011
Sunbury Victoria
Hi All,

Just wanted to point out a difference in the drawing for the 12pin socket supplied by Jayco & the drawing supplied with the 12 pin socket.

Although all the colours & pin numbers are all correct, the drawing supplied by Jayco has the smaller pins in the reverse direction, Where the large pins are the same on both drawings. (I realise that plugs & sockets show the pins in opposite)

Fortunately the socket has the pins numbered & marked with what it is used for. I just wired it to these pin locations. Hope I'm right because it's different to the drawing Jayco gave me.

See drawings below;
Jayco Drawing.jpgSocket Drawing supplied by Jayco.jpg

This is just FYI & of course comments if I've got it wrong......

Cheers,

Paul

PMK

Jul 25, 2011
Sunbury Victoria
g'day paul,q:where are you picking up your van from? i was told pick ups on the weekends are out of the question?????

We are picking up from Prestige Jayco...... Geelong. We booked it in about 6 weeks ago. All I can think of is maybe the Weekend pickups were all booked out. I think Geelong only do 2 on a Saturday & we got the 10 am booking.

Cheers,

Paul

jay70

Oct 16, 2011
We are picking up from Prestige Jayco...... Geelong. We booked it in about 6 weeks ago. All I can think of is maybe the Weekend pickups were all booked out. I think Geelong only do 2 on a Saturday & we got the 10 am booking.

Cheers,

Paul
We got our van from Prestige Jayco in Geelong and had a Saturday pickup, I think they can only do 4 per Saturday. We were down there last weekend to drop off for first service and saw others having their pickup handover.

Jason

Klugerclan

Aug 31, 2011
PMK, thanks for your post, we are picking up in a couple of weeks, I still have to get my 7 pin changed to the 12 as have the bigger fridge coming. I have a quote from a local 4WD pace to change, will they have any issues ie is the usual way to wire up going to fit with the Jayco wiring method ?

PMK

Jul 25, 2011
Sunbury Victoria
PMK, thanks for your post, we are picking up in a couple of weeks, I still have to get my 7 pin changed to the 12 as have the bigger fridge coming. I have a quote from a local 4WD pace to change, will they have any issues ie is the usual way to wire up going to fit with the Jayco wiring method ?

I'm not an expert on this subject, but it looks like the diagram from Jayco is incorrect.

I have wired mine to the standard as per the pin markings on the socket. Boots seemed to think this was correct too ( see above)
If anything the only wiring that will be wrong is the fridge supply, the indicators, brake, tail, elect brakes etc sould all be ok, but I think I've got it right.

Paul

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
agreed paul, the fridge should only be the facter here, to test is once all plugged in, removed the vent behind the fridge to test (with a test light or voltmeter), to see if the signal has come through all the way to the fridge. be sure to give the earth wire a good connection, i had our indicators sucking the voltage when the headlights were on!!!!(though i have read on forums some cars react differently as new vans have l.e.d. tail lighting.

Klugerclan

Aug 31, 2011
Thanks Paul, was thinking possibly could do it myself but basically I bottled it when spoke to Page Bros today. They said they can get done during handover for $140 (they send the car to a local auto-electrician) sounds like a plan to me. It is Jayco recommended so if anything not right, not my problem, peace of mind on day and all that....

PMK

Jul 25, 2011
Sunbury Victoria
Thanks Paul, was thinking possibly could do it myself but basically I bottled it when spoke to Page Bros today. They said they can get done during handover for $140 (they send the car to a local auto-electrician) sounds like a plan to me. It is Jayco recommended so if anything not right, not my problem, peace of mind on day and all that....

Probably best way to go, let them have the problem if it's wrong. I reckon an auto elect wil get it right though. I will point out the incorrect drawing to the Jayco dealer when I get a chance..

Hope it all goes well for you,

Paul