Interior diesel heater

Rose

Oct 27, 2013
Headed off 5 days ago with the new diese heater l installed. Worked well for 3 nights then stopped during the night. When we tried to restart it blew copious amounts of white smoke. Added kero to the fuel as told too for the really cold nights. Another 7 weeks with no heating. Help. We are now in Alice. Maybe there is a dealer. It's a Dometic

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
Silly question but have you filled the tank back to full and try again. Blowing heaps of white smoke usually means it's not getting enough fuel to ignite. Mine did the same and found the fuel tank pickup was only using 1/3 of the tank then sucked air and then just blew lots of white smoke. Did you fit it yourself? Check all fittings and clamps so they don't suck air, fill tank and try again.

Rose

Oct 27, 2013
Headed off 5 days ago with the new diese heater l installed. Worked well for 3 nights then stopped during the night. When we tried to restart it blew copious amounts of white smoke. Added kero to the fuel as told too for the really cold nights. Another 7 weeks with no heating. Help. We are now in Alice. Maybe there is a dealer. It's a Dometic
Thanks for the advice. Hopefully it is now fixed the fuel was OK but we managed to ring an installer who thought the exhaust was too long. The other half had it running the length of the van. We shortened it to out the side. Reset the unit and so far so good

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Giving this thread a resurrection as I found my heater starting to play up, run for an hour or so then shut down, copious amounts of smoke from exhaust, so it shut down with a high exhaust temp alarm, thinking about it I shortened the exhaust to the original length of about a metre and once it had cooled down, cleared codes and refired it up, running well now..........

I had read that without a muffler it could run an exhaust to 5m, mine was about 3m now its 1m and the end is about the middle of the van, plan is to see if an exhaust shop can make me a pipe of say 40mm with a 25mm reducer on the end to hook up to the heater exhaust, this should allow enough flow to not upset the sensors and enable the exhaust to get clear of the underside of the van...................had no option but fit heater awning side near the wheels so a long run to vent exhaust away from everything.

No fumes or anything getting into van but would prefer not to dump under the rig.......