Interior Diesel Heater Install

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I braved the elements, heaps of rain and mines fitted with the open end/gap is on the tank side .................

Reactions: Disco Duck

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
We can provide dumb answers as well but really it wasn't a dumb question but sometimes you have to look hard and work out the Why ??? Then ask the question to confirm your your own answer, it's brain food.................... in the days of no phone, a breakdown meant sitting in the dust working out the why so you could get the damn thing going long enough so you could breakdown at the next pub and phone for help............Mobile phones and internet have spoiled things in many ways....... not allowing brain juices to flow and ruining some great breakdowns.

@Johnanbev if fitting it yourself take it slow and easy, measure the distances from power, fuel tank first before drilling holes and by allowing the furnace to draw its air from inside the cupboard you fit it with the cupboard having a vent will keep the noise down considerably...... (thats the air for heat bit inside)

Last edited:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
LOL John
Okay, you ask the next dumb question so I can follow you. Between us we will work it out..............:D:D
Only dumb questions are the ones that aren't asked .... unless your at a course, conference or industry function and 5 mins before that bar opens some annoying Askhole starts asking questions .... erghhhhhh. In that case those questions are all dumb questions, regardless how intelligent they seem.

Reactions: Drover

Johnanbev

Jul 7, 2013
Sunbury VIC.
@Crusty181, Yeah been to those courses, always some suposedly intelligent dummy extending your time in the class room when you could be out doing something else.
Hey @Drover, It was the filter I bought for just in case I neede it. I installed the heater last winter. You don't happen to have a left over radioactive pellet for my tank lying around in your shed .
I fitted the inlet duct to the external wall of the cupboard I could remove the duct if it gets too noisey and source the inlet air from inside the cupboard using the current vent for airflow. Up to now I am happy with the unit.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
@Crusty181, Yeah been to those courses, always some suposedly intelligent dummy extending your time in the class room when you could be out doing something else.
Hey @Drover, It was the filter I bought for just in case I neede it. I installed the heater last winter. You don't happen to have a left over radioactive pellet for my tank lying around in your shed .
I fitted the inlet duct to the external wall of the cupboard I could remove the duct if it gets too noisey and source the inlet air from inside the cupboard using the current vent for airflow. Up to now I am happy with the unit.

I was thinking that after I posted, thought you had been there, done that......

I do apologise for my "dumb question" statement. It was intended as an attempt at my humour and nothing else.

Your humour found me, I could see it...

@Crusty181 Those annoying buggers don't change with age, always some dullard asks a stupid question, we all know the dumbo still won't be the wiser after it gets answered ................... at a recent meeting I rolled my eyes, got up and walked to the bar, followed by half the room, got told I should wait till the Pres closes the meeting, I told him I wanted a drink before death caught up...........................and since the majority voted with their feet says something............

Now get back on topic ............................ do you know if you add some stuff to your fuel you can have coloured smoke, now that would annoy the buggers that fill my van with wood smoke.

Johnanbev

Jul 7, 2013
Sunbury VIC.
I was thinking that after I posted, thought you had been there, done that......

Your humour found me, I could see it...

@Crusty181 Those annoying buggers don't change with age, always some dullard asks a stupid question, we all know the dumbo still won't be the wiser after it gets answered ................... at a recent meeting I rolled my eyes, got up and walked to the bar, followed by half the room, got told I should wait till the Pres closes the meeting, I told him I wanted a drink before death caught up...........................and since the majority voted with their feet says something............

Now get back on topic ............................ do you know if you add some stuff to your fuel you can have coloured smoke, now that would annoy the buggers that fill my van with wood smoke.

Reactions: Disco Duck