Diesel heater fuel

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Those with diesel heaters do you guys drain the whole tank and throw away the diesel that's in the tank over summer or just top it up come winter ?
My tanks only got around 2 ltrs in it so I'll just get rid of it and fill it with fresh diesel when I need to use it

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Those with diesel heaters do you guys drain the whole tank and throw away the diesel that's in the tank over summer or just top it up come winter ?
My tanks only got around 2 ltrs in it so I'll just get rid of it and fill it with fresh diesel when I need to use it
Top up and keep using.

Diesel is much more stable than unleaded and for heating I don't really think it's
necessary to be fresh.

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Since I give mine a run every month along with my genny I just keep fuel in both the units tanks, emptying the tank would still leave the lines fuelled up and empty fuel lines can cause more trouble later from moisture...............have no trouble starting stuff when fuel left in, it's when I drain the stuff and try to start it again months later with fresh stuff always seem to have to give em a service...................should run the gear every other month anyway.
I even leave my chain saw full of fuel, give it a shake every now and then, starts on 3 or 4th pull and run it about twice a year now, it's in retirement like me...should sell the thing I suppose.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crusty181