DiDExceed's 14.44-3OB

DiDExceed

Nov 2, 2012
Kuluin, Queensland
Thought i'd share a few pics of the expanda last time we went out in it. Only mods being ive added a stereo with speakers under the dinette and in the bottom of the overhead and move the battery to under the seat. We previosly had a
12.37-2OB which we loved but sold to buy a bigger van for a big trip, then sold the 4wd we had, then bought a more expnsive one so didn't have the cash for a van then we bought a house so had a camper trailer for a while and decided to get back into an expanda, this time with a shower and toilet.

Attachments

• DSC_0218.JPG
    DSC_0218.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 312
  • DSC_0224.JPG
    DSC_0224.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 353
  • DSC_0231.JPG
    DSC_0231.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 315

DiDExceed

Nov 2, 2012
Kuluin, Queensland
Only with this panda once, it had 235 mud terrain tyres on it when we bought it and being non driven and a little wider track than the pajero they acted like an anchor and bit/dug into the soft sand even with low pressures, i but a set of 255 brigestone dueler h/t's on it and with all tyres at 20psi it seems to just sit on top now, i can confidently stop in the soft stuff and know ill get moving again, in fact i actually reversed the van to where it is in thise photos

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
G'day DiDExceed, like you, I have the 14-44-3 OB but it is the 2010 model. Looking at your photos, it obviously has a different internal layout. Ours did not originally have a window on the off side so we had it fiited by a local agent but in a different position. Your fridge is placed differently as well, seeming to sit over the wheel arch. Is it a larger 150L or the normal 90L?

The 14-44-3 is no longer made, replaced by the 14-44-5 so we have uniqe models. :high5:

DSC_2506.jpg

DiDExceed

Nov 2, 2012
Kuluin, Queensland
hey chartrock, What is under your window? i noticed when looking at a few expandas not many had a window on that side, our fridge sits above the setec which is above the wheelarch yes, its just a 90L its at a great height off the floor casue you dont have to bend down to far to get to it, our microwave is above the fridge whcih looks like exactly where your window is, out A/C is next to the microwave which is above the window. I love having the front boot which is the main reason we went for the 14 not the 16.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Hi DDE, that is the gas outlet for the hot water system. which is in a cupboard under the bench top. The Setec is just under it beside the wheel arch. Our fridge is opposite the door with the A/C above. The microwave is under the stove just inside the door. The extra small door right at the rear lower corner is an external shower which we had added as an extra from the dealer (a freebie :eyebrows:).

Expanda from Doorway.jpg Expanda interior panorama.jpg Expanda looking forward.jpg

Like you, we love the boot in front and only need the one bed. :cheer2: