17' Series Delivery date passed

Zilla

Nov 10, 2014
Was expecting to have taken delivery of our new OB by last week however, according to our sales person this is unlikely to happen anytime soon Can't give us any clear reason why, just the line of "well Jayco tell us dealers nothing". We were expecting to have it for the coming long weekend giving us a good chance to prep and trial before our big trip however, looks like well be tenting ( already sold old van)

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
That doesnt add up to me.
The factory run a very tight schedule and your van would have come off the line on a specific day that was planned months before. The dealer can see on his system what your van is up to. Sounds dodgy to me...

Zilla

Nov 10, 2014
That doesnt add up to me.
The factory run a very tight schedule and your van would have come off the line on a specific day that was planned months before. The dealer can see on his system what your van is up to. Sounds dodgy to me...
Yep, when we ordered the van in November date due of line was 13 Feb, now all they can say is there appears to be a hold up at the factory. Very frustrated at the moment with lack of apparent assistance from sales person.

Fabulous

Feb 26, 2013
Melbourne
we got a date quite some months before when it was due off the production line, seems little unusual, but glad you've been able to get a loan van.

coled1970

May 27, 2012
Hunter Valley, Newcastle
Sound weird, we originally ordered ours in October and where given a date then, where told it could be early or late by a week, turned up on the day they originally told us.

coled1970

May 27, 2012
Hunter Valley, Newcastle
We where told off production line 20 Feb and that was when it happened, van turned up at dealers on the next Tue and we picked it up a week later. I'd be asking more questions and getting to the bottom of it. If you have to talk to the manager of the dealership not the sales manger. We may have got ours on time but now the issues have started with things we have found wrong.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
maybe ring Jayco direct...........
the drawing you would have been sent for your "pre-start" meeting will have the contract number on it

ring them, give them the contract number, and see what is happening

last resort would be to ring the Dealer Principle.......... - dont want to don't be rude the Salesman off too much..........

mbr37746

Oct 20, 2013
Central West NSW
Maybe ask how do they as a manufacturer measure their suppliers performance levels, I'd suggest that there may be a penalty/incentive scheme for delivery in full & on time?
It seems a good compromise getting a loan van.

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
the drawing you would have been sent for your "pre-start" meeting will have the contract number on it

last resort would be to ring the Dealer Principle.......... - dont want to don't be rude the Salesman off too much..........
"Prestart" lol... been working in the mines too long!!

Reactions: dagree

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
"Prestart" lol... been working in the mines too long!!

actually a "new House" wording
you go for your "Pre-Start" meeting and pick tiles, floor coverings, window frame colours, brick colours etc

at our Van "Pre-start" we picked the interior colours, and extras..........extended draw bar etc.......

they had sent me a copy of the Vans Drawing before then, so we could think of what we wanted to change etc........

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011

Definetly worth trying this but I tried on our current starcraft when the dealer had told me it was completed but couldn't get a despatch date out of Jayco, I just got bounced by reception back to the dealer each time. Even getting forceful didn't work.

Reactions: Smirke

Zilla

Nov 10, 2014
Been of air for alittle while so thanks for all the tips. When we ordered the van back in October we were given dates however,these date came and passed with no van and no answers, very tempting to keep the loaner perhaps as ransom!!!! LOL. Anyhow now have good news, we have a collection date of March 28th, and I did ask the dealer just to confirm that is 2015 !!!!