14' Series Cupboard/Drawer Latches

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
My 14.44.3 2009 model Expanda has those stupid push button latches, okay for drawers but on a cupboard they jam, swapped them around and it seems they don't like operating in the horizontal mode. So option is to get rid of them, has anyone replaced them and if so what did you get ?? The ones I've looked at would all leave me with a hole the size of a 10 cent coin to cover up.

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
just got back from first trip, and yes they can be a pain, we have decided to keep them, but add a magnetic catch so we can leave them out and use them as a handle only with the additional magnetic catch keeping them closed while stationery and locking them only for travel, ha when we remember as we stopped for lunch today and found our cutlery drawer spread all over the floor, whoops , will remember to lock now for travel.

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
I have found on our cupboards if you open them about 1-2mm they will lock. The small cupboard with the RCD is the worst in our van.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
just got back from first trip, and yes they can be a pain, we have decided to keep them, but add a magnetic catch so we can leave them out and use them as a handle only with the additional magnetic catch keeping them closed while stationery and locking them only for travel, ha when we remember as we stopped for lunch today and found our cutlery drawer spread all over the floor, whoops , will remember to lock now for travel.

Thats what I will do brilliant idea now as soon as I get rid of this Wog my G/kids gave me I can sort it out and start making a new mount for my water pump, the noise it makes drives me nuts.

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
no prob drover, maybe when you mount your water pump, outside with a stone guard , place rubber under the mounts to help with the noise, and vibration. have a good week.

Reactions: Drover

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
no prob drover, maybe when you mount your water pump, outside with a stone guard , place rubber under the mounts to help with the noise, and vibration. have a good week.
colin and sue are u going to beaufort lake van park did I see the thread last night I carnt find it now there where others going to I think

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
colin and sue are u going to beaufort lake van park did I see the thread last night I carnt find it now there where others going to I think
yep going to beaufort, the thread is in group meet section in Vic section Beaufort get together.
not sure how to attach here for you.
thinking of joining us ?