NSW Crescent Head

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
We love Crescent Head and it will become a regular spot for us to visit.
Mainly for location first, as its in the most beautiful spot nestled between the creek and beach. Its a gorgeous little country town with enough to get you by without needing the car.
Theres a quality butcher, bakery with the best vanilla slice on earth, newsagent, the all important bottle shop, Food Works mini mart, green grocer, pharmacy, a couple cafes, a pub and club.
The pub and local club are both great for a nice meal when you dont feel like cooking.

The caravan park itself is split into 2 sections. There's Creek side and Surf side.
We prefer Surf side as the sites are larger and the whole area feels less cramped. But having said that, we have friends who love Creek side, and it is great if you can get a premium site there with views! The amenities block at Creek side has also been fully renovated and is pretty spectacular. While the amenities block Surf side is looking pretty tired and old, however is always clean.

The surf at Crescent is why alot of people visit. It has consistantly good waves and theres the point and beach break to choose from.
The creek is beautiful and very child friendly, perfect for families. Kids love the creek and you'll see everything from paddle boards, boogie boards, flippers, fishing, kayaks, inflatable boats, the list goes on and on!

I should point out if your considering booking Crescent Head that some of the Creekside sites would be too small for an Expanda, so check with reception the size of site first. Surf side sites are larger and as you will see in our site pics, you will fit an Expanda with awning/annex, gazebo and car, but not much more than that.

All in all a great family escape! Hope to see some of you there!!

This was our site, which Andrew loved because he didnt have to go far to check the surf!
IMG_4170.jpg IMG_4169.jpg

Surf side sites and cabins
IMG_4131.jpg IMG_4140.jpg

The view looking back down from the point.
IMG_4126.jpg

The Point break
1st pic is Ally surfing, 2nd pic is Kirra surfing and 3rd pic is Ally on what we call "a party wave"
IMG_4116.jpg IMG_4114.jpg IMG_4109.jpg

The Creek! You will also see the creekside premium sites in the background!
IMG_4153.jpg IMG_4154.jpg IMG_4155.jpg IMG_4149.jpg IMG_4147.jpg IMG_4141.jpg IMG_4143.jpg

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Yep, great spot and nice write up.
Looking at the photos, for a moment I thought I was there.....:ballchain:

Thanks.

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Yep, is a great spot! We'll rebook there year after year, one week in April and another week in January!
Andrew would go every weekend if it were closer!

billykidd

Apr 2, 2013
Brisbane
Good report Lara, haven't been there for a few years,but the bakery was awesome after a surf. Would love to go back and also spend some nights at Point Plomer in the van.

Reactions: GCMASOS and Lara

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Good report Lara, haven't been there for a few years,but the bakery was awesome after a surf. Would love to go back and also spend some nights at Point Plomer in the van.

Ah the Bakery, hands down the best Bakery in Oz I reckon!
We plan to stay at Point Plomer at some stage, beautiful spot, so far have only been for a day trip.

Greg

May 31, 2012
Blacksmiths NSW
Ive been a regular visitor to the caravan park, point plummer, racecource and delicate nobby for 30 years. I started camping in the area a soon as we could drive and its amazing how the town has grown, the park is clean and tidy and thats it. The park floods when it rains alot, there is not much else besides the beaches, the club, pub, IGA, the pie shop, and the surf thats why I love the place. Lara, I think I saw you driving out on Friday afternoon, I was setting up camp on the creek side, I normally stay surfside, but now Im converted to the creek, it is less windy and the water drains quicker after rain, and closer to the club.

Greg

Nath69

Oct 22, 2014
Cromer
We are off to Crescent this April for a week.

I love the place and it was a regular stop off on the drive from Sydney to Byron which I seemed to do every couple of months 26 years ago. I have had some epic early morning sunrise surfs after leaving Byron around 10pm and sleeping in the car on the point.

Have not taken the kids to Crescent yet so we are looking forward to it.

Pictures to come.

Nathan

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Absolutely agree best vanilla slice going around, also agree the surf side is windy. Overall I great spot. Next time Iam going to try hat head or plomer that look fantastic.

Nath69

Oct 22, 2014
Cromer
Stayed at Hat head for a week these last school holidays.
What a fantastic place! We were fortunate enough to have great weather, off shore winds and good surf every day. The caravan park and town are no where near as crowded as Crescent and we have booked again next year.

Reactions: Drover