18' Series Crack in shower wall

Brownie

Feb 2, 2015
Hi all. Bought 2nd hand van, bought it home parked up on level ground and set to cleaning in up and personalising it. Checked all over no problems. It sat for a few days, low and behold I notice a crack running from top left corner of shower tap going left diagonally up into corner of shower recess and starting to crack adjacent side. I know it wasn't there previous so Im dumbfounded. All I can gather is that it sat in full weather exposed for all seasons for near on 1 year(here in WA) before we purchased it and the shower side of the van had some sun damage.
Perhaps the heat has weakened something there and when we hitched up and moved it home it has cracked (days later)
Anyone else have this prob?
Its a 2012 18.57-9 OB. Not happy :(

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Yeah @Brownie I had my shower wall replaced last year, also a 2012 model but a 16:49, has also been a problem for a few others on here, Jayco covered mine under warranty even though it was 2 years old , don't know how you'd go being second owner though, The guys at PDA Caravan repairs in Maddington did mine. Maybe give them a ring and see what they reckon

Reactions: skippy and bigcol

Brownie

Feb 2, 2015
Yeah @Brownie I had my shower wall replaced last year, also a 2012 model but a 16:49, has also been a problem for a few others on here, Jayco covered mine under warranty even though it was 2 years old , don't know how you'd go being second owner though, The guys at PDA Caravan repairs in Maddington did mine. Maybe give them a ring and see what they reckon
Thanks for info Capt. Am hoping its nothing major might be able to bodge it for a while till i can get it looked at properly. Not sure warranty 2nd hand have heard mixed stories might try my luck might just have to pester for a couple months :)

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Just call head office and speak to service department. They are the ones who can arrange a local service agent if required. Under consumer law, a product has to be fit for purpose. I am sure they will help you out, they are very good that way, but get onto it asap.

Brownie

Feb 2, 2015
Just call head office and speak to service department. They are the ones who can arrange a local service agent if required. Under consumer law, a product has to be fit for purpose. I am sure they will help you out, they are very good that way, but get onto it asap.
Great macca will give it a shot

Brownie

Feb 2, 2015
Pity it's not the rear wall @Brownie as I have a new one sitting in the shed (Second hand sink tho)
Might have to hit you up about that one at some stage that wall is yellow... the basin is also but toilet and other walls are white. Where are you situated?

coled1970

May 27, 2012
Hunter Valley, Newcastle
Hi all. Bought 2nd hand van, bought it home parked up on level ground and set to cleaning in up and personalising it. Checked all over no problems. It sat for a few days, low and behold I notice a crack running from top left corner of shower tap going left diagonally up into corner of shower recess and starting to crack adjacent side. I know it wasn't there previous so Im dumbfounded. All I can gather is that it sat in full weather exposed for all seasons for near on 1 year(here in WA) before we purchased it and the shower side of the van had some sun damage.
Perhaps the heat has weakened something there and when we hitched up and moved it home it has cracked (days later)
Anyone else have this prob?
Its a 2012 18.57-9 OB. Not happy :(
Hi Brownie,

We where the second owners of our van and it ws 2 years out of warranty and Jayco still replaced the walls and basin due to yellowing. Give it a go you never know.

Reactions: dagree and Brownie

Brownie

Feb 2, 2015
My walls are okay but my sink unit is a lovely cream colour, wouldn't be that bad except the toilet is still brilliant white.
Yeh seems a common thing. I blocked up vent/skylight with a bit if cardboard while it sits there keeps it nice and dark

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I throw a bag over the vent but it was too far gone, be okay except for the blinding white dunny.......might take it down and get out the spray gun...nah.......actually had a real good look today while I was doing preps for a trip and thought are my walls yellow ????? they just might be, being sneaky as I was sure they were whiter when I bought it.

Brownie

Feb 2, 2015
I throw a bag over the vent but it was too far gone, be okay except for the blinding white dunny.......might take it down and get out the spray gun...nah.......actually had a real good look today while I was doing preps for a trip and thought are my walls yellow ????? they just might be, being sneaky as I was sure they were whiter when I bought it.
Prob best to not look too hard @Drover and enjoy your holiday thats my new philosophy!

Reactions: Drover