Cooking on fold up table

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi guys,
I'm going to buy an after market fold up table for the side of van and replace my BBQ with the webber q has anyone cooked on this table before? Just wondering about the heat on the fiberglass....maybe a shield in between?

Cheers.

gavin.davis59

Mar 21, 2011
Naracoorte.SA
We cook on ours using a BIJI-BARBI and small stove.On pickup We were advised not to cook on table with Webber type BBQs as the heat can/has darkened and delaminated the panel behind the table which Jayco will not have a bar of.He said putting one of those aluminium dash board protectors(the ones You stick on windscreens)may prevent this happening.Having felt the mud brick wall behind where We use Our Webber at home I have no doubt there is a possibility of heat damage to a van.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Yep the Baby Q fits but i think would be way too hot and too close to the van.

I recently got a great portable folding table from office works for bout $39, i use this. Its great and half the price of the ones in most camping store.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
We are the same we dont cook on ours we use it as prep table. I have used it for the toaster though as the 240v power point is right near it.

Like moto I have one of those fold out tables that folds up to the size of a camping chair. :smile:

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
I bought the Weber stand for our Baby Q - it folds flat for easy transport.
Another thing, we have the trivet for the Baby Q but found it a bit small - bought the next size up trivet today - will try it tonight with brined chicken and veggies - should have more room for everything - will report after the meal!

Hopefully going away next weekend to north of Hawks Nest to a National Park - will be the first use of the van for a while (too long ago in fact).......

Turtle

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Bathurst, NSW
I reckon the fold ups are good for prep, toast and the kettle. I wouldn't cook on them as the heat would be present for an extended period.