CMCA Camps

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
CMCA has a number of Off Grid style camp grounds in each state which are available to members and non members, they conform to the CMCA Policy of Leave No Trace , supplying water points and dump points along with a covered area for yarning................... usually in a handy location in towns, very affordable.

The biggest stumbling rule seems to be that with grey water needing to be contained, even if you have a sealed Tote if your drain from van hasn't got a tap you won't be permitted entry, drain with tap and a sealed tote or internal grey water tank is a must, no buckets or open collecting unit and no external shower/toilet is allowed, it may be a very long walk to public facilities elsewhere or none ...........
Check out the camp rules before arrival for some have extra conditions above the CMCA guidelines due to council regs or are members only ............
The CMCA Protocol only applies to CMCA Camps and not all self contained rules are the same.

Last edited:

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
This is a copy of the current CMCA self-contained policy relating to sink/shower. I believe it has been some years since an internal shower was a mandatory requirement. It is now mandatory to have at least one plumbed sink. A shower is optional.

Sink/shower
 The vehicle shall be fitted with an installed and plumbed sink. Additional sinks, hand basins and shower are optional.
Every sink, hand basin or shower fitted shall be supplied with water from the fresh water tank, and shall be drained
to a grey water tank.

 External showers that are used for ablutionary purposes and in so doing create
grey water would not comply.
External water outlets used for rinsing or filling purposes are not seen as a grey water issue within the context of this
policy

https://cdn.cmca.net.au/cloud/b8a53...3449b90c97_CMCASelfContainedVehiclePolicy.pdf

Last edited:

jazzeddie1234

May 19, 2016
Mandurah
There seems to be something unique about shower requirement discussions.... I've watched so many people arriving at the Port Hedland free camp area getting really upset with the clearly signposted 'must have an internal shower' clause. Some shouting at the caretaker 'but I have CMCA certification"!

My guess is, if there is a variation, the local shire has a bylaw that overrides

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
There seems to be something unique about shower requirement discussions.... I've watched so many people arriving at the Port Hedland free camp area getting really upset with the clearly signposted 'must have an internal shower' clause. Some shouting at the caretaker 'but I have CMCA certification"!

My guess is, if there is a variation, the local shire has a bylaw that overrides
Each campsite is able to specify their own requirements for camping. Some accept the CMCA self-contained policy, some don't. Some put up requirements that matched the old CMCA policy but have not noticed or bothered to change to match the new policy.
The only given seems to be that the CMCA self-contained policy is a mandatory requirement at CMCA controlled sites.

The shower requirement was relaxed in the CMCA self-contained policy some years ago to accommodate those RVs that are self-contained except they don't have or even need a shower. i.e. VW and Toyota type vans. I suspect it was so CMCA could cater to a wider group of potential members.

Mike