Clear windows for Expanda roof skirt

hardexpanda

Oct 30, 2013
Happy Valley SA
After an unsuccessful attempt to manufacture my own for my 16.49-1 (the velcro adhesive let go of the clear vinyl in the heat) I stumbled across these on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Jayco-ca..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item4176cfe78e&_uhb=1

I ordered these on Friday morning and they arrived today in the mail. I am very pleased with the quality of the product. They are placed between the flyscreen and the skirt and can be left there permanently as they have their own zippers and can be opened in summer. They are available as crystal clear or the weave style. I ordered the crystal clear and they are very clear and flexible.

I have no affiliation with the supplier, just a happy customer.

hardexpanda

Oct 30, 2013
Happy Valley SA
Thanks, Jeff, that would have been my next option but these have zips which allow them to to stay permanently attached and still be opened in summer. Money well spent in this instance as neither my wife or I are sewing types.

crustt

Apr 17, 2013
Yep, that's me. Thanks hardexpanda, glad your all happy with the windows and have a bit more light in your life on those gloomy days. Probably the one drawback with the expanda is on those rainy days with all the canvas closed up it is quite dark as pop top windows are smaller.

For those of you that are interested in them, pm me and save on the ebay/paypal fees, they are $30 each plus postage.

Also in a short time I will be making the same windows in tinted plastic for those who don't want any glare.

jvp

Apr 9, 2013
Yorke Peninsula Copper coast SA
Yep, that's me. Thanks hardexpanda, glad your all happy with the windows and have a bit more light in your life on those gloomy days. Probably the one drawback with the expanda is on those rainy days with all the canvas closed up it is quite dark as pop top windows are smaller.

For those of you that are interested in them, pm me and save on the ebay/paypal fees, they are $30 each plus postage.

Also in a short time I will be making the same windows in tinted plastic for those who don't want any glare.

Hi Crust
Let us know when the tinted ones are available mate. they sound good
jvp

crustt

Apr 17, 2013
Hi Crust
Let us know when the tinted ones are available mate. they sound good
jvp
Sewed some up yesterday, came up good, about the same strength tint as the Jayco windows. They cost a little more as the plastic only comes in 0.75 mm. IMAG1020.jpg IMAG1018.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG1015.jpg
    IMAG1015.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 377
  • IMAG1017.jpg
    IMAG1017.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 420

hardexpanda

Oct 30, 2013
Happy Valley SA
Hmmm, they look good but I think I prefer the crystal clear. The whole idea is to let light in during those dark winter days! In summer, they would be open. Merry Christmas to all on the forum. Cheers, Ian.

Reactions: Wanda

crustt

Apr 17, 2013
I was actually surprised how much light the let in, I thought they would block the light, but like I said it's much the same as the fixed windows. Being thicker plastic it is not quite as clear as the 0.5mm thick.

Merry Christmas.:)

crustt

Apr 17, 2013
Thanks for that, I doubt those bed ends will be needed for awhile as you chase the sun, it's bucketing down back here. We're pretty envious of you's, can't wait for May.

Reactions: Johnstons

crustt

Apr 17, 2013
Thanks mate, now on those nasty weather days there can be light. One of the drawbacks I found with an expander was the lack of windows, happy now with the starcraft, 6 windows a door and 4 poptop windows all in :).