Clear Water Hose Concern ?

kolega

Jan 16, 2012
I will take delivery of my new Expanda in 3 weeks and have some concerns about the Clear Water hoses used in the Expanda. My previus experience with my Jayco Swan is that the clear hoses started going green after about 12 months. Has anyone had this problem and is there a solution or recomendation of any sort.. Is it best to replace exposed Clear Water hose or perhaps cover with tape or paint in some way? Any advice welcome.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi kolega, besides replacing every year maybe a filter under sink would give better piece of mind?

Cheers
Burnsy.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
I can never understand why Jayco do that, probably because its cheap, all other vans I've ever looked at have had the Black or Blue food grade hosing while Ive never had an issue with mine over 3 Jaycos I noticed a small section about 3" under the sink going to the hand pump was starting to go green, the hand pump never gets used as we have the 12v pump but which time I flush or refill the tanks I give the hand pump a work out.

I had considered changing all the clear piping but its on the buttom of the long list