18' Series Changed our Minds

simond

Jan 6, 2012
Adelaide SA
We went along to the Adelaide Show yesterday to have a look at all the new "Shiny things" & gadgets :biggrin:
We arrived at the jayco display & decided to have a look at the new 18.57.5 Panda. Well this is where it all started.
On further inspection of the inside we both said that this was the van for us with the new Bathroom design.

So back to the drawing board & start to see where we could save some weight as we originally wanted the O/B model but to heavy for us.:dizzy:
After alot of undeciding, we opted for under slung instead of full O/B model
We decided also cut alot of the extras back that we thought we could really do without to help with weight& extra cost of going up to the caravan model.
By the way I'm glad we had a look at the other models as there was one with the "Green":puke: colour interior that the "Boss" had picked originally.
So colours have been changed to the same as the Show model, which is the brown, with the darker slate bench tops. Much pleasing to the eye.

So after spending the afternoon at the Show & most of that looking & deciding if we should change our order. We are now the proud, happy , & may I say re-leaved soon to be owners of a new 18.57.5 Panda:biggrin:

And we get it earlier than the previous order

We may still have an issue with the tow vehicle, but we'll cross that bridge later if need be.
This will be the first van we have had that is not full O/B model as well as std tow ball, instead of Trigg. Issue now is what do we do about WDB?
We have air bags on the Prado, but what type of WDB do we look at?

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Congrats on the re-order, must be happy with the earlier arrival.

I think when you say WDB you meant WDH (weight distribution hitch ) while there's a few on the market and your dealer may try sell you an Eza-lift which is a good product, (I had one ) in my opinion there's no compramise Hayman Reece is the way to go, the height and angle adjustments are much finer.

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
I changed on the order, I had a EZY LIFT ordered and changed to the HAYMAN REESE on advice from Crystalyn and Aaron. I paid Warburton Caravans Bundaberg an extra $100 for the change. Speak to your dealer about the difference, then make your decision. I included the install and tow ball tongue in the final price too. They fitted on the day of the handover.
Good luck.
Cheers
Deano

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
Great. We ordered ours in October but we havent seen inside a 18.57.5 yet. Very anxious to check out one inside. Ours should roll off prod line on 4th April and shouls get it late April.

simond

Jan 6, 2012
Adelaide SA
Jenny & Greg,

Here's a couple of shots taken on my phone.
Like the new Bathroom set up
Sorry about the quality of the pics

IMG_0413.JPG
IMG_0416.JPG
IMG_0414.JPG
IMG_0415.JPG
IMG_0419.JPG

Reactions: Jennymay

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
They are good pictures. It was helpful to see "the cupboard/shelf" outside toilet and I was trying to imagine what it was. The dealer said it would be just open shelving with a small cupboard at bottom. That looks like two double cupboards, very suitable as a pantry. Love the bathroom... Im so excited cant wait. Thanks heaps for the pics.
Regards Jenny and Greg

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
Greg spoke to our jayco dealer today and apparently the one you took photos of is a prota
Type van. When you ordered yours, did they say the double cupboards outside shower and directly opposite
Fridge was no longer what you get? Because they have told us we are just getting a thin buffet unit instead!
"Not happy Jan". Our dealer is arguing with jayco on our behalf saying just because it was at the show doesnt mean that's what you get!
Gurrrrrrrr
Jenny

simond

Jan 6, 2012
Adelaide SA
Greg spoke to our jayco dealer today and apparently the one you took photos of is a prota
Type van. When you ordered yours, did they say the double cupboards outside shower and directly opposite
Fridge was no longer what you get? Because they have told us we are just getting a thin buffet unit instead!
"Not happy Jan". Our dealer is arguing with jayco on our behalf saying just because it was at the show doesnt mean that's what you get!
Gurrrrrrrr
Jenny

No, they didn't mention this about the cupboards.
As you said, "Not happy Jan" if that's the case.
Why do they always come back with this rubbish about "this isn't std & this isn't" Why can't they tell you this up front!
Looks like I will be writing my 3rd Email tonight to our salesman about this also.
Have also seen in this years brochure that the "inner spring mattresses are supposed to be std. Wonder what they've got to say about that as well?
Sounding like car salesmen, promise everything, but deliver very little on what they say!

"NOT HAPPY JAN"

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
We got a call back from our dealer saying that our van maybe too far up the line to alter. One avenue they might look at is to buy ours for showroom floor and order ours with the cupboard as per picture. Apparently Ive stirred a hornets nest at Jayco in Melbourne....hubby says... s..t stirrer! Even the sales staff here had no idea what Cupboard/shelves meant on the plan, only guessing. No good enough I reckon, and if we have to wait another month or two then we will. We will be away in Canada for 3 weeks after we get van so doesnt really matter.