Cd player installation help

Drizzlingje

Oct 27, 2011
Hi guys,

I got external speakers installed in our new 1649.2 and requested just the speaker wires to be left loose and I anticipated just wiring up my iPod to this. When I picked up the van Jayco had installed both internal and external speakers and wired up the speakers and added coax and left a gaping hole for a stero in the appropriate cupboard. At first I was...wtf? But considering I hadnt paid for both a might as well utilize them. I have now purchased a kenwood kdc-u449 car stereo that will allow me to switch on/off the inside or outside speakers and charge the iPod/iPad, sounds like a good plan.

My issue is- installing the unit. I can work out which wires are for which speaker but I am stuck on powering the unit. I have a yellow wire and a white wire in a beige cover that Jayco have left loose, which seem to be the 12v power wires from the battery- I think.

Has anyone else done similar and may be able to assist,

Cheers,

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Well dont start me on Jayco wiring methods/diagrams etc, but yep your yellow and white wires are the 12v power supply, for some reasons they dont use the standard Black/Red -/+ throughout the van.

For Example, on mine one 12v socket is Yellow/White, my pump is Black/Red. :crazy:

D4Dazz

Dec 31, 2011
Rowville, VIC
Just take to cover to expose the inverter and you will be able to see which cable is +/-, alternatively or could pop next door, knock 3 times and I will show you.....

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
I love the new age technology with the tongue now replacing the multi meter and test lamp!!!

I remember the days of testing batteries with your tongue to gauge its good or badness based on the amount of sting :).....

I would presume yellow is positive and white is negative but get yourself a test light from the two dollar shop and work out which is which should take a couple of seconds and save the cost of having someone wire it in!