Swift Carpet for my Swift

Mintox

Oct 20, 2013
Perth
I got some carpet tiles from Bunnings, 1000x1000 square, cost about $20 but they have a nice thick rubber back unlike the marine carpet stuff they sell so it sits nice and firm and doesn't move about. I figured they would help with dirt and to keep the vinyl floor from being scratched and scuffed. Easy to cut just have to make sure of your dimensions.

So here is the result. I am pretty happy with it actually. Its nicer to walk on in bare feet and I can swap out sections if they get really dirty or just simply clean them them.

Attachments

• swiftcarpet.jpg
    swiftcarpet.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 448
Reactions: Stan53 and Swift12

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Nice work, are carrying a vaccum cleaner instead of a broom, :D just keep an eye on them though, I have heard that rubber backed carpet/mats can stick to vinyl flooring and damage it

Mintox

Oct 20, 2013
Perth
Yeah I did think of that but my nephew who has had a couple of Jayco's and did the same thing, as yet all seems ok with no signs of sticking but that is something to keep an eye on.

I figured it'll last until I get home to vacuum it clean. I just like the feel of the carpet, nicer in summer and warmer in winter. I already have a small nick in the floor vinyl (me dropping a knife) so I am hoping this is a little bit hardier.

Last edited:

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
We have the same in our van and pulled it up after the first 12 months and the vinyl looks like brand new still. Gave them a pressure wash and dried and put the jigsaw puzzle back in. Very happy and it is easy to sweep with a broom and feels much better in bare feet.

Reactions: Mintox