Hi there
Bought our 20ft 2015 expanda and had a couple of questions
1 what are some good options for a caravan cover
2 same question as above but for extended wing mirrors for a 200 series cruiser
Thanks

MikeC

Aug 29, 2017
Adelaide
Hi. We tried about 3 different versions of attachable mirrors. All were crap. The worst kept getting blown into the side of the car every time a semi went passed in the other direction. Spent the extra money and upgraded to Clearview mirrors and never looked back. (Pun intended). Reckon they are worth every dollar.

Reactions: mfexpanda

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Ive got the Ora big red not bad clip on arms with big magnit pads on drivers door im happy with them just make sure door is clean

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Over many years I've found these to be most practical and the least hassle as they don't flop over, have good vision. The stories about damage to paint work etc does happen but only because of poor fitment, mine have been on about 5 vehicles and no damage, when you unhook you just slide the mirror section out leaving the fame on the door, scratches on the glass is from not taking care of the attachment by replacing the vinyl wear panel.

On the Jeep they don't even touch the glass .

The ones hanging off mirrors are pretty horrible I reckon.

Of course the Clearviews are the ducks but unless your going to be using them for a few months a year, its a big layout of $$$.
shopping

MikeC

Aug 29, 2017
Adelaide
I agree with Drover. Clearviews are expensive by comparison and are a pain in the arse in some drive through car washes but depending on your car they can be cheaper than the factory mirrors. In our case we had them fitted while l was still working and could afford it. We also planned to be on the road with the van a lot so it made sense for us. You have to weigh the cost against the benefits for your situation. That said, for us they have been a fantastic investment.

Reactions: Drover

millers

Mar 25, 2011
Adelaide
Clearview for me. Wish that they made the auto fold for my car. Currently have them on and it is inconvienent to have to get out and fold them to get the car in the garage. Other option is to take them off when not travelling with the van. Around 5 minutes each side to remove or install. This could be reduced even further by placing a connector higher up in the wiring loom. That would mean 3 press clips, 3 bolts one electrical connector and removed, then reverse to install.

Yes they are expensive, but I only complained about that once. Now I have no complains about:
  • Electronic control of the mirror
  • Pull / Push mirror to set up for towing / not towing
  • No issue with clips, straps etc from marking car
If I had to go second choice the ones mentioned by @Drover possibly next, but do require time setting up so as not to damage. I had issues with the strap vibrating on the car door.

Reactions: Drover

coys 53

Oct 13, 2019
perth
Hi guys
The mirrors you show in the pic are good, I like you have used them on a couple of vehicles over the years. Unfortunately they don't fit a discovery due to the rubber seal attached to the bottom of the door. So I took the mirrors apart and fitted them directly to the car mirrors using blind riv nuts on the car and holes to suit through the Ali on the mirror. Can always re fit if I change vehicles, waste not want not
Alan

Reactions: 1DayIll

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Wow thats full on see evan though i put mirrors on my mirrors the car mirrors dont realy like it mine soon start to loosen up a clearview or MSA new style would be much better but as yet i havent gone down that path either good job

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Wow, thats a serious mod...................I would love to go the Clearview path but on the Jeep they look like the mirrors I had on my truck, huge things besides I keep spending the $800 I need on other things like food, fuel....................toilet paper.

Reactions: Johnanbev