Hi,
this seems interesting:

cheers
Mike
cars.jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Wonder what ours would be like here in Oz, think Toyota is off along with VW's this month, give Jeeps a breather while Mazda gets a kicking..........Nissan should be due after Xmas I suppose.................

Reactions: mfexpanda

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
I sometimes get interested in a camper. Some that come to mind are Toyota HiAce, VW Transporter, Fiat Ducato, or Merceded Sprinter. However much I scan the internet about possibilities, there never seems to be any information on the reliability or service costs of vehicle component of these beasts.
I know that Mercedes and VW charge the earth for servicing. I can't think of ANY reason I would ever buy a Fiat. So that leaves a VW Transporter. OR I sometimes go looking at Toyota coasters. Toyota seems to be more reasonable with servicing costs and have a reputation for reliability.

cheers
Mime

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Just between us mind you, I have been looking for awhile, servicing of them all is a nightmare, front wheeldrive is just dumb, the MB engines/gearboxes brilliant, find a mechanic not a dealer, Iveco usually let down by poor design of chassis/body,Fiat the same, dealer servicing always expensive .....I lean towards a Nissan/UD running gear but in the 4t range so way out of my league..... A rear drive, Merc engine/gearbox is sweet for me. And with proper servicing, notexpensive and very reliable.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Wonder what ours would be like here in Oz, think Toyota is off along with VW's this month, give Jeeps a breather while Mazda gets a kicking..........Nissan should be due after Xmas I suppose.................
JD Power do an Aust version

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Landy almost won...
he he he

Cannot believe VW so low.. Four people I know who have them all had the limp mode problems.. That VW say do not happen.
Interesting Brother in law had a Jeep for like 8 years and never a problem. He said other Jeep owners ask him so what broke on yours :)
Workmate took his new Jeep home looked in the garage the next morning it dropped all the transmission oil. Had to flatbed back.
Then it went limp mode and many other things he offloaded it. Said he felt so guilty passing it onto someone else.