16' Series Capt Gadget is Expandaless

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Well it was a sad day yesterday as I watched the new owners of my gadgeted up expanda tow it out of the driveway, we’ve had a lot of fun and some great adventures but it’s time to move on. Near new Active life 186 should be in its place late next week, if the bank pulls its finger out.

Attachments

• DFCB2937-8FF4-4F02-AB02-4DD656A6369A.jpeg
    DFCB2937-8FF4-4F02-AB02-4DD656A6369A.jpeg
    396.4 KB · Views: 385

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Grand plans being laid out already I expect.............................. too much more of this the site will need a new name.......

And Mr Google showed me what an Active Life 186 really is, I need to go to some shows I think, they look quite nice and at realistic prices, the one online has the same layout as Big Mal except looks flasher........we look forward to the piccies......

Reactions: Capt. Gadget

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
,Well a few months on and enjoying the Active life, sounds exhausting doesn’t it! don’t be fooled I’m talking about the van not my state of physical fitness. There are a couple of things I miss about the expanda, the ability to zip open the ends and lay on the bed on a warm day with the breeze blowing through half full of grog and sneak in a nana nap, the thrifty fuel economy from towing a lighter van, not having to wipe the finger prints off the shiny cupboard doors and the having a bed end each when Mrs Gadget drinks too much and her snoring gets out of control (or maybe that’s me can’t remember ) But on the up side the separate toilet n shower in the new van is a bonus as is the not having to pop the ends and top on an overnight stop, it’s quieter inside with no canvas and warmer too in the winter, all in all a welcome change. Merry Christmas to all and I’m going to try and pop back more often if I’m still welcome after deserting the jayco brand. Happy new year!

Reactions: Crusty181 and DRW

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Yes, yes and Yes to all the above, I miss some things of my old Expanda but Not, not having to set up......now whats that saying we have on her " No pics then it didn't happen ":

Reactions: Crusty181