ACT Canberra Park - Caravan Park....

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Canberra our Nations Capital has been lacking places for Caravans for many years, with only the Epic Showground at reasonable prices and Alivio which is a bit pricey, the others were a bit Gypsy camps and the decent Queanbeyan one is getting smaller.................Now a new place has opened in Canberra, near the Epic but it too starts at $57 a night.............https://www.canberrapark.com.au/caravan-park/

I'll look thru the fence from the Epic as the budget won't stretch to their prices even with their deals...............

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
The more people want the more these places charge. Everyone wants the latest and greatest and sadly this is expensive to set up. I am not defending the park, but do understand why they charge so much.
I wish there were places that offered basic facilities at basic prices. I am sure these places would be a hit.

Reactions: DRW and WHHEMI

WHHEMI

Jan 18, 2016
Yarra Valley
The more people want the more these places charge. Everyone wants the latest and greatest and sadly this is expensive to set up. I am not defending the park, but do understand why they charge so much.
I wish there were places that offered basic facilities at basic prices. I am sure these places would be a hit.

There is, it's called free camping.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD

Everything in Canberra is overpriced, always has been and is just getting worse......... we usually stay at the Epic or Bungendore but you have to juggle between Events, Yass is too far to commute I reckon...... At least Canberra now has 2 habitable caravan parks and the Showground, nearly compatible with a med sized country town.....pathetic.

There is, it's called free camping.

Not in the ACT there's not, nearest free camp is Yass while the Bungendore Showgrounds is a magic place and the fee with with fuel to drive to Canberra is a saving on what this new park or Alivio charge, of course there are 2 run down places out at Sutton they could be great park but no attention and they are just so run down.....

Last edited:
Reactions: WHHEMI

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
I have found this mob kuiparks.com.au tend towards older travellers by not having large playground and jumping pillows etc and are priced accordingly. I have not joined but have used their parks a couple of times, found them basic, clean and (comparatively) cheap.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
We stayed at a place called Eaglehawk just north of Canberra many years ago when we took our Expanda back to Jayco Canberra for service/warranty.
We originally booked the one in Queanbeyan but the afternoon we were meant to arrive it flooded.
There was another in Queanbeyan called Crestview from memory wouldn't know if it was still there.

Last edited: