Can we play in the sandpit too?

Wado

May 7, 2011
New England
We too bit the bullet thanks to the Sydney caravan show, although we had been doing our research for a while. We have ordered a 17.56-2 Outback with;

External shower
Roll out Awning
Extended drawbar
External gas bayonet x 2
Exterior drop down picnic table
Solar provision
Privacy screens
Roof mounted Dometic 2200 ac
RM2553 fridge
CD stereo (internal speakers only)
Battery pack (we will drop in 2 batteries)
Control panel
Additional internal 12v and 240v power points
External light nr external shower
After delivery, I will also add an after market rear bumper and stone guard.

We could have taken delivery in September but with no down time (self employed) until very late in the year, we went for the December delivery. We have a Swan O/B but as others have already said, it was great with just the two of us but with a 14mth old, holidays in a confined space turn into "hell"idays.

The Jayco, whilst they do have some issues, simply offer outstanding value for money when compared to the likes of the Windsor Rapid, Icon, and Paramount (Paramount is a very nice "expanda" type van!). And we have found with the Swan, that any issues are either covered by warranty or so simple even I can fix it.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Sounds like a great set of options Wado.

There sure is a theme with people changing to an Expanda after having a camper trailer. We went from a Outback Hawk to an Expanda also.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Welcome Wado. I too can relate to your camper story, welcome to the conversion club.

What are you planning with the rear bar and stone guard, as i have been thinking about these for when my one arrives.