QLD Camping: Cooloola Recreation Reserve/Teewah beach/Double Island

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
www.expandasdownunder.com
As of 02FEB21 QPWS have brought in new rules for booking and camping in the Cooloola Recreation Reserve, often known as Teewah beach, Double Island Point, Freshwater.....
Teewah beach has been broken up into 7 camping zones plus Freshwaterand reports are that not all zones will be open due sand slips and regeneration....... so read up and book early:...............and with number plate recognition well could be costly....

and since Mudlo Rocks is impassable and no way I'm going to bounce down Freshwater Track, there's no pics plus I haven't renewed my permit anyway.........

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
www.expandasdownunder.com
It seems the beach and camping permits are being checked, making sure you are camped in the right spot is being policed along Teewah, fines handed out for not having a beach permit, some finding them in the mail box when they get home Ive been told, the cameras have paid for themselves already..................
Mudlo at Rainbow is still dicey though today I watched as some fools went thru the water, a good 2 ft in places to get around the point, might be okay in a creek but this is Grade A1 Pacific Ocean, can only class them as fools with one nearly not getting thru so the Tow truck should be getting some custom again this weekend.
Took pics but stuffed up with the new phone.......................

Reactions: 1DayIll