Byron Bay

les2476

Jul 12, 2012
NSW
Hi guys,

Picking up the new camper ready September holidays, looking to head up to Byron. Does anyone have any suggestions on spots near the water with plenty to do for the family.

billykidd

Apr 2, 2013
Brisbane
If you want to stay in Byron itself, hard to beat Clarkes Beach caravan park. Walking distance to town, right on the beach at the bottom of The Pass, so if you surf is ideal. Also Broken Head caravan park is worth looking at, is south of Byron, right on the beach and a little Less busy, About a ten minute drive to Byron. Would suggest booking if your going in school holidays as the entire area gets crazy busy then. Both parks are pretty basic at the end of the day. There is another van park right in town, but I've never stayed there, called first sun, is right in town and on the beach. Don't forget to lock everything up at night!

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Like Billykid, We've heard very good things from friends who have stayed at Clarkes in Byron.
We have tried to book Chrismas but the place is so popular that everyone re-books their site year after year.
A hard one to get into for school holidays. I'll be persistent and get there one day!

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Clarkes is great for the CBD but very hard to get into....

We spend our yearly pilgrimage @ Lennox Head - Lake Ainsworth Big 4

http://lake-ainsworth-holiday-park.nsw.big4.com.au/

Lake on one side, lennox beach on the other and 10 minutes to byron bay as well.

We visit Byron regularly when there especially the pass / wategoes but its nice to get out of there and unwind at the end of the day.

Let us know what you decide :)!

Reactions: Lara

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Good to hear you enjoy Lake Ainsworth expanda, looks like we'll stay singing there for a week in January!
Do you or any other members have any feedback on Terraces Reserve holiday Park at Brunswick Heads.

Banora5

Jan 26, 2012
Also have a look at Massey Greene caravan park in Brunswick, great for kids with a sandy beach onto Brunswick river. Arrived home from there yesterday, we have been going there for seven years and still enjoy it.
Enjoy the new caravan, Mark

Attachments

• 044.JPG
    044.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 231
Reactions: Lara

les2476

Jul 12, 2012
NSW
Thanks for all the great suggestions guys, all worthwhile I'm sure. I just added a hot water system, external shower and the aussie mate awning.

Reactions: Xpandafan