WA Busselton, aprox 250km Sth of Perth

wizzerwazza

Sep 20, 2010
perth, nor
We also go to Busselton a few times a year and either stay at Beachlands cp or Mandalay cp. Both these parks are top notch. They also have the prices to match. Mandalay is directly across from the beach and Beachlands is one street back. Both have great ammenties and the sites can be a bit small in size. Best to avoid in peak summer holiday periods. Both are great for kids. Both have pools and big jumping pillows. They even give you a helping hand when reversing in.

http://www.beachlandsresort.com.au/

http://www.mandalayresort.com.au/

wizzer

Reactions: GLX-R

GLX-R

Mar 9, 2011
Kyneton, Vic
Wizzerwazza,

Thanks for that info, we are booked in to Mandalay for a week at the start of October.

Making it our base for the Margaret River tour (now I know why we got the Triton, to bring back all those bottles of red :) )
Oh, I suppose we better find something for the kids to do too.

Been to the park at Wave Rock? We are trying to decide whether to make it an overnighter or push on to somewhere else that day.

Stew

wizzerwazza

Sep 20, 2010
perth, nor
Wizzerwazza,

Thanks for that info, we are booked in to Mandalay for a week at the start of October.

Making it our base for the Margaret River tour (now I know why we got the Triton, to bring back all those bottles of red :) )
Oh, I suppose we better find something for the kids to do too.

Been to the park at Wave Rock? We are trying to decide whether to make it an overnighter or push on to somewhere else that day.

Stew

First week of Oct is school hols here so it will be pretty busy at mandalay. Last time i was there i counted at least 15 expanda's in park lol.

I have been to wave rock cp but stayed in a cabin. It was a few years ago and didnt have van. I rekon there is only enough to do in area for an overnighter anyway. Only takes a few hours to walk around/over wave rock and to see hippo yawn.

wizzer

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
We toured WA September last year.
Stayed at Mandalay and very happy. Great facilities, kids enjoyed it, pool under cover, good camp kitchen, jumping pillow and park thing, and as Wizz said, across the road from the beach.
At Wave Rock we stayed at the park there. Again we were fairly happy, the facilities were good, but we were only there one night. From memory, it's the only place to stay (?) and too far from any other town. The park is literally at the base of the Wave.
Alternatively, there was free camping at some of the surrounding rocks, but check first. The flies were shocking for us though. If time, take the short drive to Mulka's Cave at King Rocks - Mulka was the Aboriginal cross eyed boogie man and lived in a cave there - lots of rock art