Bushie's New Shak (SOLD)

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
A bit of a mod today, the breather tubes on the water tanks weren't plumbed back to the fill points like they are on the Expands though there is provision for it, They were just an open tube out to the side of the tank and screwed to the under side of the floor. to much hassle to plumb then back to the filler
Wanted to cap them to keep the gremlins out that may try to nest there, but still allow them to do there job was wondering what to use.
Manage to salvage two plastic inlet filters from the rear of the washing machine, that crapped itself recently and is off to the scrap heap.
A little grinding on the inside with the Dremel and bingo job done.
2015-11-25 16.39.24.jpg

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Well hard to believe "The Beast" or Pinky as the girls have named her o_O is 12 months old, we picked it up in Melbourne January 2015 and her maiden voyage was out to Philip Is. then up the NSW South Coast to Batemans Bay for 10 days before making it home.
Other than the maiden voyage there's been no major trips for us in 2015 just making the most of weekends or extended Long weekends or self appointed long weekends :D oh and a week in back in June at Tathra Beach, that's also when we became aware of our only "Major" warranty issue which was dealt with promptly and professionally by the dealer "Canterbury Caravans" and the lads from the Paramount/Golden Eagle. only a few other little minor things that either I did myself or was carried out back at the factory/dealer when it went back, with only one new issue pending which will be sorted in February closer to home though it hasn't stop us using the van so all good, more recent trips included Young in both October and December over Christmas and Mudgee back in November, now counting the sleeps till our usual January escape, also already booked up for a shorty 2 nights Late Feb and extended Easter trip 6 nighter.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Well with the October long weekend looming and me scoring a few extra days off, 6 in total :p thought it was time for some van maintenance/service, So while at a recent show I talk the a mobile service guy who I had used before for the Panda. "Yep no worries can get you in 22nd September" so all booked in.
Well September 22nd as come and gone and I'm none the wiser as to why my van didn't get serviced, no call to say he couldn't make it for what ever reason, just didn't show up, by 3:30pm I figured he just isn't coming 4:45pm I call "No answer goes to voicemail so I leave a message, no return call by 4pm Friday so I call again, straight to voicemail, I leave another message, Yep you guessed it STILL WAITING >:(. Will call again Monday arvo if I don't hear back, needless to say I wont be using this guy again even though I know he does quality work and knows what he's doing unless he can give me a reasonable explanation as to why he didn't show. the courtesy of a phone call would have been the right thing to do.

OK Bitch over!

In the meantime taking things into my own hands, off to the auto shop to purchase grease gun and grease for spring shackles (yep never owned one), while paying at the counter I noticed some Camec stuff on a shelf in the corner off the store, HHHHHMMMM Who'd a thought Super Cheap would of had Anodes on the shelf, well they did have. I got the last one, of coarse I could have got one at the show a few weeks ago but forgot, too busy looking at other stuff :D
Anyway the anode was well and truly due for replacement and this is after 18 mths use. The brakes and bearings will have to wait.

IMAG0020.jpg

Last edited:

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
From memory it was $31, you can get them cheaper but for me it was there in front me at the time so I grabbed it, still a lot cheaper than the nearest caravan accessories store
Ive heard you can get them at reese but a bit long so you cut it down to fit very cheap i hear i havent got one from them yet

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Ok, get home today, get out the newly acquired grease gun to grease the suspension, 6 grease nipples 3 each side, cool easy job 10 minutes, YEAH RIGHT!, front 2 each side easy enough located between the axles/ wheels just reach in one angled one straight, cool done. move to the 3rd (rear) Well! lets just say I wonder which knucklehead at the chassis factory thought it would be a good idea to put a standard straight grease nipple in the rear shackle pins where you can't get at it with a standard grease gun while the wheels are on :crazy:.. HHHHMMMM, Ok how do I sort this out? thinking thinking (yes that was an effort) so simply replaced the rear straight one with the front angled one, grease it then swap them back.
So a trip to the Auto store is in order to buy 2 more angled grease nipples to save the drama next time.

yabbietol

Sep 2, 2014
Queanbeyan NSW
Very nice caravan park in town next to the river, we have stayed their often as it is about 2-3 hours from home. It is a short walk up to town for dinner or supermarkets from the caravan park. Bridge a bit noisy, but really convenient to town, with a lot of interesting birds along the river. A very pleasant drive on bitumen using back roads via Crookwell to Hume highway (and for us south to Qbyn) and a great little lunch spot or morning tea spot at the tiny town of Rugby next to community hall.
Nice photo Bushman.
Regards
Terry

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Very nice caravan park in town next to the river, we have stayed their often as it is about 2-3 hours from home. It is a short walk up to town for dinner or supermarkets from the caravan park. Bridge a bit noisy, but really convenient to town, with a lot of interesting birds along the river. A very pleasant drive on bitumen using back roads via Crookwell to Hume highway (and for us south to Qbyn) and a great little lunch spot or morning tea spot at the tiny town of Rugby next to community hall.
Nice photo Bushman.
Regards
Terry
The bridge is nosier than normal at the moment as all the traffic is being diverted via Canowndra due to flooding between here and Forbes. We were down the other end away from the bridge so not to bad.

Always wondered about those back roads to Crookwell but didn't know if suitable for the van

Reactions: yabbietol

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Well! on our return Journey from our extra long weekend I managed to located a weighbridge after some handy local knowledge of the Cowra people, I'm thinking the van is around the 2.5 to 2.6 mark (plated allowable 2760kg)
so with tanks full we rock up onto the weighbridge the van topped out at 2580kg so pretty happy with that, thought technically that extra 80kg does throw me into the lower ball weight range on the Pajero.
The GCM (Gross Combined Mass) came in at 5280 kg with full tank of fuel with me and the dog in the car. :D (750kg under the max combined)

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Well! It's been a while coming but I can finally see out the back of the Pajero and the van, can switch between cameras also, it just shows the towbar so hitching just go a whole lot easier and no more dodgy directions from the other half .
IMAG0054.jpg
1475912274536327544640.jpg

New bracket for the plugs and new cover for the Anderson, going to have to watch them if off road. No pics van vision yet as its still away getting some other stuff sorted.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
In our household we call the reversing camera a "Marriage Saver" ;)

Yep I can relate to that, our Pajero didn't come with factory camera and none of the previous vans/campers did either
so when the beast arrived with a camera the monitor they supplied didn't come with second camera and as it was a clip over it didn't fit the Pajero's mirror, I could have used the Hema for the monitor, but I don't leave it in the car full time.

the other week while away I/we took a new ute for a drive so went back to the van and backed up to it using the camera, was great, comment from the wife was " when are we getting one these" :eek-53:

Reactions: G Daddy and dagree