Bundaberg Floods 28/1/13. 10.1metres and rising. North Bundy evacuated!

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
Bundaberg Floods 28/1/13. 9.5 metres and rising. North Bundy evacuated!

Pictures will tell the current story in Bundaberg. 16 helicopters including 2 Blackhawks winched people to safety from North Bundaberg.
Such a sad site and feel bad for those people that have to endure this all again. Emergency services do a great job.
We are all good including the Expanda in Bargara, 20 mins east to the coast.
Cheers Deano
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
Wow Deano. When we were kids we 'd cross that bridge just about every time we were in bundy. It's pretty worrisome up there! H's school as asked them to stay home for the next two days and K's school had been closed for the next two days. Moreso due to the roads near the school and quite a few teachers not being able to get to the school. We went for a neighborhood walk this afternoon(well about 100m). The river is swollen but no where near 2011 levels. Most of our local damage has been wind. Most neighbours have trees down but no other damage that we know of.

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
Not Good! I was going to ask Damien (Warburton Caravans (Jayco)) for a Qoute on a Base Station Monday, I might need to give him a couple of weeks!!!
BM I say the river would be lapping at Warburtons by now. They might have a big sale in Feb on muddy vans.
What's the story with the Base Station?
Cheers Deano

mrhappi

Oct 24, 2012
Ipswich
Hi Deano,
I'm in Bundy for work often enough, sad to see the devastation up there. Good to hear you made it through the tornedos unscathed.

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
Looking at upgrading so we can take all the bikes, kyaks, extra fridges and when we go on long trips even a washing machine :p
Well I was in Bundy yesterday and at Warburtons Jayco the premises was completely empty. I bumped into Russ the workshop manager and they moved all 60 vans to private residences.
The Burnett river peaked last night at 9.53 Metres.
This picture was taken with Warburtons Jayco directly behind me adjacent to the Train line.
image.jpg

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Thanks for the update Deano, did you have much of a clean up out you way with after the mini tornado's.
I know someone woth a strawberry farm at Sharon, how is it over there, do you happen to know?

BM, nice choice mate I ilke the Base Stations and I don't think the 200 will have any problems towing it thumb: