BUGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Well there you are cruising along the highway minding your own business (no van) returning to the CP were you've been parked up for what has been a some what stressful and emotional few days and the second time you've made the same 800+ km round trip in a fortnight.
Enter a road works site down to 40 km directed to to wrong side of the road
When suddenly there's a loud bang and the sound of shattering glass, immediately pulled over behind the witches hats stormed of back down the road and fronted the bloke using a brush cutter on the the side of the road.
I can guarantee I said more the BUGGER at the time.
To their credit the crew didn't hesitate in giving me contact info and we're very apologetic
I'm just thankful it wasn't the windscreen or front window otherwise it could have been a very different outcome.
IMG_20190402_140237.jpg

blacky

Sep 17, 2013
Townsville QLD
Gday ‘panda folks, been a while since I last logged in. Funnily enough a very similar thing happened to me out near Mt Isa few weeks ago, only a windscreen and a slasher were the main characters in my story. Hope insurance sorts it @Bushman

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I have a dent in the side of my alloy canopy that had me puzzled now I think I know what caused it .................. They certainly go with a bang thats for sure.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Bugger, all right. In the newer models they are a very expensive window to replace due to the built in aerial.
Hopefully you get it sorted mate,
Yes this one has the aerial in it, out of curiosity I priced it from Mitsubishi, $575 glass only, job through O'Brien's quoted $936 supply/fitted.
Don't know what it ended up being as it's now in the hands of the insurance company as the culprit is playing hard ball as I expected, Booked in to be replaced on 23rd

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
We put another windscreen in the Jeep a few weeks ago $310 fitted because it has auto headlamps otherwise it would have been &60 cheaper, it’s the 3rd one !!!

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Yes this one has the aerial in it, out of curiosity I priced it from Mitsubishi, $575 glass only, job through O'Brien's quoted $936 supply/fitted.
Don't know what it ended up being as it's now in the hands of the insurance company as the culprit is playing hard ball as I expected, Booked in to be replaced on 23rd

You do not need that type of "therapy" @Bushman when you go camping or travelling on the road. What a pain and not to mention the inconvenience!!'

Reactions: Bushman

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Well the BUGGER is finally fixed
Thanks to The Windscreen Professionals in Young NSW (O'Brien's Agent),
Thanks for their prompt efficient service, we dropped the Pajero in at 9 (drove across from Cowra) went walk about and we were back underway by 11.15

Reactions: Drover

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Have had numerous replacement front screens in my last and current Grand Cherokees. because of problems etc.The side distortion in the chinese screens is very disconcerting.A guy I know in a Obriens said since going to Chinese made screens a few years ago it had been a nightmare.Glass slightly thinner,distortion,not fitting curve of turret ,porosity of glass making driving in rain difficult.He reckoned that the company saved around $20.00 per screen,changing from good Aussie Pilkington to Chinese imports.I have glass insurance and now demand OE glass where possible.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Gee I didn't know that O'Brien's had gone to the chinky stuff, who does pilkington glass now ???

Reactions: Crusty181