Broadford weighbridge

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Gyday,

Not sure if I'm just late on the uptake and everyone knows about this but meo_Owe have not driven up this part of the Hume in atleast 12years.....
but ...
For those that don't know there is a free weighbridge northbound side of Hume hwy at broadford. It's accessible 24/7 has individual pads so easy to get axle loads unlike at the scrapyards that are mostly one big pad.
I've used the net weigh one at officer before which has individual pads but had to pay for the privilege although it's now closed and so is the scoresby one . .
Are there many others around like this one at broadford???
I had found out about it in an article somewhere and was close by last night so thought I'd go check it out. We weren't loaded and no van on as we were only out to dinner at the inlaws.
Couple of bad quick pics;)
image.jpeg image.jpeg
Not sure why it adds 1520 to 1120 and gets 2620???
image.jpeg

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Maybe cause its free

I've used the net weigh one at officer before which has individual pads but had to pay for the privilege although it's now closed and so is the scoresby one . .
Free is good, we must have driven past that one recently on our way home (ironically) via the expensive NetWeigh one at Scorseby ... doh.

I originally used NetWeigh at Geelong back in Sept 2015 to get a starting weight for our big lap. We were significantly overloaded so I made some drastic changes and deletions to the tune of around 300kg, including a GVM upgrade. I then did the confirmation weigh at NetWeigh Scoresby which only showed a 100kg reduction. That was scientifically impossible, because I removed heaps of stuff including a 120kg canopy . I rang NetWeigh but they werent interested, so Id take the expensive results that NetWeigh produces with a tiny grain of salt.

Reactions: Drover and Pauly

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
I originally used NetWeigh at Geelong back in Sept 2015 to get a starting weight for our big lap. We were significantly overloaded so I made some drastic changes and deletions to the tune of around 300kg, including a GVM upgrade. I then did the confirmation weigh at NetWeigh Scoresby which only showed a 100kg reduction. That was scientifically impossible, because I removed heaps of stuff including a 120kg canopy . I rang NetWeigh but they werent interested, so Id take the expensive results that NetWeigh produces with a tiny grain of salt.

now that is interesting

not due to excess weight gained by GVM?

Reactions: Crusty181

Det V

Dec 23, 2021
Victoria
Gyday,

Not sure if I'm just late on the uptake and everyone knows about this but meo_Owe have not driven up this part of the Hume in atleast 12years.....
but ...
For those that don't know there is a free weighbridge northbound side of Hume hwy at broadford. It's accessible 24/7 has individual pads so easy to get axle loads unlike at the scrapyards that are mostly one big pad.
Are there many others around like this one at broadford???
I had found out about it in an article somewhere and was close by last night so thought I'd go check it out. We weren't loaded and no van on as we were only out to dinner at the inlaws.
Couple of bad quick pics;)
View attachment 48217 View attachment 48218
View attachment 48219
Closed 23/12/2021. Had a chained gate across the scales. No lights or display on. Not sure how long it’s been out of action but looked a bit abandoned. Disgraceful! All the money at Vic roads disposal and keeping a road safety device operation is not a priority?