Brake controller power source.

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
Soaring,

Yep - sounds like a nice solution - splicing into the "brake light" feed and taking it back to the controller and then returning to pin 5 for the electric brakes. :) A simple cable pair run from brake controller to the rear plug. Nice :thumb:

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
Ok so here is the finished product. Battery feed direct from battery, same with ground.
The brake signal is picked up from the trailer plug, and is routed through the cabin to the controller in some of the black plastic flexible conduit. The brake actuator power lead comes back to the plug through the same conduit.
image.jpg image.jpg
When not towing, I can remove the controller from its bracket, and just leave the trailer adapter plug in the luggage compartment.

When swapping over company cars, I just take the whole fuse box cover off, and replace with the original, an disconnect power and earth from the battery. No need to get the the cars 12 pin.

Reactions: macca

Towlikeaboss

Oct 17, 2020
azzanstef19
Ok so here is the finished product. Battery feed direct from battery, same with ground.
The brake signal is picked up from the trailer plug, and is routed through the cabin to the controller in some of the black plastic flexible conduit. The brake actuator power lead comes back to the plug through the same conduit.
View attachment 16295 View attachment 16296
When not towing, I can remove the controller from its bracket, and just leave the trailer adapter plug in the luggage compartment.

When swapping over company cars, I just take the whole fuse box cover off, and replace with the original, an disconnect power and earth from the battery. No need to get the the cars 12 pin.
This is what I need to make just unsure where the two wires go on the plug from the control unit using same plug what number dose blue go to and what one dose the black go to first time playing with electric brakes the car trailer I built I wanted it rated more the 1990kg knew nothing about electric brakes and having to have brake controller trailer will be used on different cars