Just Browsing Bmpro Options

Brente1982

Oct 7, 2019
Epping
So I'm in the process of putting together my options list for a new order on a 17.56.2ob and I've been advised that jayco will not fit an BMPRO J35D to them.
Does anyone know why?

Brente1982

Oct 7, 2019
Epping
No definitely no wires crossed. They're well aware of the unit. They just say that it isn't an option on the expandas. Which I find perplexing.
This has been confirmed by 3 dealers and the jayco factory.

Brente1982

Oct 7, 2019
Epping
Got this response from Jayco directly this morning. To me it sounds like boloney. Why wouldn't you just offer it on all models. It'd like they're saying only 2 models deserve lithium

Hello Brent,

Thank you for your email.

The BMPRO J35D is for a lithium battery and only available in the All-Terrain and Silverline.

For all your further inquiries regarding the purchase of a Jayco product please contact your nearest Jayco selling dealership who can further assist you.

All Jayco Dealerships have trained sales staff able to consider questions regarding the products on offer. Should a sales staff member require further information, they have communication channels available to them in which to consult with Jayco manufacturing directly.

You can find your nearest dealership on our website at www.Jayco.com.au, under the Find a Dealer tab.

Kind regards,
Customer Care Team

Brente1982

Oct 7, 2019
Epping
I'll add more to this. The dealer I'm going to go through when I order, Gippsland Jayco, have assured me that they can out the J35D in the van. This was what the dealer manager and their service/parts manager told me when I popped in on my way to Sydney at the start of March.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I'll add more to this. The dealer I'm going to go through when I order, Gippsland Jayco, have assured me that they can out the J35D in the van. This was what the dealer manager and their service/parts manager told me when I popped in on my way to Sydney at the start of March.
So are the saying its a lithium charger only and Expandas cant have factory lithium?? Is the dealer offering to instal it ... at what cost??

Brente1982

Oct 7, 2019
Epping
Yes Jayco head office themselves are saying that they will only offer it as an option on their silverline and basestation vans (dont know why they get a preference of lithium systems over all others). As far as im aware, the J35D isnt a lithium only charger. It just offers a lithium charging profile whereas the others dont.
But Gippsland Jayco have said they will fit the J35D for the cost difference of $140~

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Yes Jayco head office themselves are saying that they will only offer it as an option on their silverline and basestation vans (dont know why they get a preference of lithium systems over all others). As far as im aware, the J35D isnt a lithium only charger. It just offers a lithium charging profile whereas the others dont.
But Gippsland Jayco have said they will fit the J35D for the cost difference of $140~
$140 is pretty fair i suppose, most of that would be labour.

Reactions: Drover

Brente1982

Oct 7, 2019
Epping
Yes it is fair and i will be taking them up on their offer. I just found it perplexing that Jayco themselves, including Bayswater Jayco, would say it simply isn't an option. Not sure why they're limit its availability based on models. Its not like its someone wanting to fit a slideout lounge area to a poptop caravan.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I get the misplaced marketing logic of keeping some perceived exclusives to the flagship Silverline, but the addition of the Basestation kinda makes it just a silly decision that could result in people going elsewhere

Reactions: Brente1982