twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Whats wrong with the very nice giant luxury caravan .... a mid life crisis usually involves a Harley Davidson (at least mine will)

After putting yourself in a Range Rover I would expect the want for luxury to increase, not decrease. I bought a Troopy, so my expectations have plummeted back to the swag

I peaked early in the mid life crisis. Sold the bike to buy this 5 years ago. Been trying to find a tow bar big enough to pull the Starcraft ever since.
EF10148B-0817-431C-9F0C-A02C15542728.jpeg
C201E301-1937-466C-9A91-27CEAA433087.jpeg

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
GVM done ride is firm but nice not to harsh will be great with van and load on 40mm lift front and back lost hesps of body roll it feels the way a big car should most impressed .....
Tyres on rims still not on car ran out time they did Gvm in one day normally 2 didnt expect to get car back today but i did sort out paper work and plates for car later when i go for check and re tension then to vic roads tyres looking great carnt wait to get them on looked hard carnt get black nuts but i think i like the way there looking bit of tyre black and good tyre clean look very smick 5 stars
View attachment 65174View attachment 65175View attachment 65176View attachment 65177View attachment 65178View attachment 65179
@Bluey whats the GVM now ? and what was it ? and the GCM still the same ?

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I'm actually surprised that Toyotas have such a crap seal in the air box, caused by bad design of box or just under sized seal on filter ?????
Bit pricy I think but you don't have to buy their air filter do you ?????

When I do mine I always look in the intake for dust, sort of white glove trick and vacuum out the collection of bugs and stuff in the bottom of the box.......... a simple thing to do and how I caught my Colorado air box had split.....

Reactions: mfexpanda

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I had the cruiser on a 4 wheel dyno yesterday a wopping 220 hp at the wheels im told thats not bad for a cruiser bit more than standard
Until you fill it with little blueys and their junk of course..........

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Since ive had the car my winch has never worked an X9 superwinch fitted by toyota click click click is all i could get well for 47 bucks change the relay or solenoid and also change it to wireless remotes came with new relay wow what do you know works a treat !!!!!!

Well there you go, now you can go and get bogged, might be better to do it up here, no lockdown, better weather and I can pull you out with my 184Kw Jeep, thats 246.75 HP............... saves you having to get out the sand spikes or bury the spare................... don't forget to pack spare batteries for the WiFi in case they go flat ......................... or I can I lend you my Ford shovel we can sit back and have a beer while you cook the fish on my barbie........... Actually something to look forward to................ or maybe you can sizzle some Murray Cod on the plate near Echuka if I can ever get down that way.......... 8-):D ....... If the Mine Truck was around we could use it as a viewing platform to watch the sunset, Bruce won't mind.:biggrin:

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Now the facts are plain ,Jeep invented the original 4x4 system,didnt see any Toyos running around beaches on D Day !Jeeps 4 wheel drive system in the WK2 GCis still recognised as the best on the market ,combine it the 8 speed ZF auto , .!! A few weeks ago had a near new LC200 V8 diesel tailing me out of Emerald to Rocky going to the coast,both actually towing same J17.58 OB poptop.On a number occasions he tried to pass me on passing lanes up hill without any success.We had to stop for a huge mining dump truck on a flat bed ,young guy hopped out of Toyo and asked me what motor in the Jeep ,he said only time on his 6 month trip he couldnt pass somebody.!I might add I was in the 2010 WH GC 5 speed ,however does put out around 620 NM !

Last edited:
Reactions: DRW and Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Now @Drover how do you know your car is 246.75 hp is that at the wheels or flywheel quoted from jeep ????? only if youve dynoed the car would you know if its that much on the wheels..... id be surprised but hey how would i know but id like it checked...... if you eva want a car pulling contest id gladly be in it to win it
As far as i know and i probably dont but most car makers quote flywheel numbers cause there more much more so book in a dyno test mine just cost me 390 but i know 100% what my car is you may be guessing ?????
The details are on the Specification Form which they issue for the compliance plate, a Government Document so must be correct...... I just know its fast and like @BJM if I'm towing very few will get past me even going up hill, unless I want you too..... I don't really know what it has at the wheels but it will accelerate up hill with Big Mal behind could be scary if you let it........................ Old Navy mate had a V8 oiler in his Sahara, it was a lovely beast and I would gladly have it in my shed.

Reactions: BJM

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Hey Drover did you know about the extra turbo boost button on the JGC can be manually operated or automatically operates when a Toyo comes up behind you.Hard to find info on this in the manual !!

Reactions: mfexpanda