17' Series Blocked plumbing

KWOZ

Jul 4, 2019
Melbourne
Hi , it appears I’ve got blocked plumbing somewhere as water is not draining out of sink properly in my 2019 expanda tandem axle . I’ve used the suction pad in the sink but the water keeps coming out of the toilet sink . Any ideas how to identify where the problem is or how to fix ?
KWOZ

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
The usual spots are the 90 deg drain fitting under the sink if fitted, a bend in the hose where it bends around drawers etc.. If your sink has the 90 deg drain bit they can be replaced with a straight one and just re run the hose so you have less bends or at least bigger curves..... some have even redone the drain in PVC.
If it doesn't seem to have any sharp bends in it then pull it out and flush it.... Mine was slow so I re-run the whole thing, now it tries to suck the dish cloth down the hole.

Reactions: MrGeoff

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
good morning, you have an annoying issue but not uncommon, several things can cause the issue. one is losing your chux down the kitchen sink which causes a block in the pipes,you can try pressure in reverse to pop the block but beware of gunk coming back up the plug holes, is your greywater hose disconnected as a kink or slow drainaway will cause that issue

KWOZ

Jul 4, 2019
Melbourne
good morning, you have an annoying issue but not uncommon, several things can cause the issue. one is losing your chux down the kitchen sink which causes a block in the pipes,you can try pressure in reverse to pop the block but beware of gunk coming back up the plug holes, is your greywater hose disconnected as a kink or slow drainaway will cause that issue
Good morning , I’m not sure how to apply pressure in reverse to clear it .I’m thinking I’ve got to get underneath the van and see if I can disconnect any of the pipe work . When I use the suction cup in the kitchen sink, the water comes up and out of the shower sink so I’m wondering if that is giving me an indication of where the block may be .

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
Good morning , I’m not sure how to apply pressure in reverse to clear it .I’m thinking I’ve got to get underneath the van and see if I can disconnect any of the pipe work . When I use the suction cup in the kitchen sink, the water comes up and out of the shower sink so I’m wondering if that is giving me an indication of where the block may be .
air line or water hose to your grey water out let ,same place you connect your drain hose to beware of gunk blow back

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD

Okayyyyyy, I thought you meant earlier that the ensuite sink was okay, if its coming out the shower sink then that would point to a blockage between it and the external drain and its taking the easiest route............. If it does it once it will probably do it again, have a good inspection and re-run the pipe so no hard bends or dippy sections where the water can lay and settle, the pipes in time and grey tanks will get a scale which will gum things up later on when it gets flushed along....

Reactions: KWOZ

BaldEd

Sep 24, 2017
Canterbury, NZ
KWOZ, if you have Hepvo valves fitted to your waste pipes then don't try reverse flushing in an attempt to clear the pipe blockage - you'll just force the duckbill valve back into itself and that will truelly block the flow both ways. Don't ask me how I know. ;) I suggest you remove the Hepvo valves to check them for correct operation - they are a simple device - and inspect for a blockage further down the pipe toward the waste tank.

KWOZ

Jul 4, 2019
Melbourne
KWOZ, if you have Hepvo valves fitted to your waste pipes then don't try reverse flushing in an attempt to clear the pipe blockage - you'll just force the duckbill valve back into itself and that will truelly block the flow both ways. Don't ask me how I know. ;) I suggest you remove the Hepvo valves to check them for correct operation - they are a simple device - and inspect for a blockage further down the pipe toward the waste tank.
Thank you very much for your advice . Appreciate it

KWOZ

Jul 4, 2019
Melbourne
Okayyyyyy, I thought you meant earlier that the ensuite sink was okay, if its coming out the shower sink then that would point to a blockage between it and the external drain and its taking the easiest route............. If it does it once it will probably do it again, have a good inspection and re-run the pipe so no hard bends or dippy sections where the water can lay and settle, the pipes in time and grey tanks will get a scale which will gum things up later on when it gets flushed along....
Thank you very much for your reply Drover, I’ll take a closer look during the day . The interesting thing is that although I thought it was coming out via bathroom sink it now looks like it’s coming out of the area around the toilet seat and I’ve noticed that there is not the usual output of water when flushing / it’s almost like it’s running on half power .

KWOZ

Jul 4, 2019
Melbourne
The usual spots are the 90 deg drain fitting under the sink if fitted, a bend in the hose where it bends around drawers etc.. If your sink has the 90 deg drain bit they can be replaced with a straight one and just re run the hose so you have less bends or at least bigger curves..... some have even redone the drain in PVC.
If it doesn't seem to have any sharp bends in it then pull it out and flush it.... Mine was slow so I re-run the whole thing, now it tries to suck the dish cloth down the hole.
Thanks Drover , I’ll start pulling it apart and I’ll see how I go

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Thank you very much for your reply Drover, I’ll take a closer look during the day . The interesting thing is that although I thought it was coming out via bathroom sink it now looks like it’s coming out of the area around the toilet seat and I’ve noticed that there is not the usual output of water when flushing / it’s almost like it’s running on half power .

So thats a shower/toilet combined ensuite we are talking about then ??? The flush if not working well would be a totally seperate problem to the sink draining .... these drop down shower sinks are notorious for having drainage problems, some one might be able to direct to the thread on these things as well.