Very clen and tidy
The Young and enthusiastic management are very friendly and accommodating
Sites are well sized
Heated indoor pool great for kiddies in winter
Most facilities are very modern

Bad points
Ensuite sites are in the shade ALL DAY LONG during winter
It's a surprizingly long way in to Soldiers Point from the Highway
Their website oversell's the size of the bike path! But it's still fun for the kiddies all the same.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Thanks for the review BG, I wasn't that far away from you.....maybe one day we'll get to have a beer!

Cheers.

Hi Big Gee - We're off to Soldiers for Easter ourselves. We're big fan of this park, and most of the others in the Bay area.

I hear the other negative point is that a lot of people get their wind up antenna's caught on the tree's when setting up in the dark. I know it happened to my parents and the staff weren't surprised at all :)

Willy

Nov 5, 2012
Newcastle
Soldiers is a nice park, and I agree with you Robert, most parks in the Bay area are nice. Our favourite is Halifax - great spot. Although if you stay in a site near the boat ramp, good luck sleeping in.

Gallo

Jan 9, 2013
Lake Macquarie
We visit this park every Xmas. We keep coming back year after year because we love it. The ensuite shade issue in the winter is only an issue in winter because its a godsend in summertime. Very comfortable clean park. The only thing missing missing from this park is a jumping pillow for the rug rats.

Cootay

Jul 15, 2012
Engadine, NSW
Hi Big Gee - We're off to Soldiers for Easter ourselves. We're big fan of this park, and most of the others in the Bay area.

I hear the other negative point is that a lot of people get their wind up antenna's caught on the tree's when setting up in the dark. I know it happened to my parents and the staff weren't surprised at all :)

Robert - We are also booked in for Easter, meeting the Relo's from Dubvegas there - drop around for an ale - the van is marked with both CooTay and the Forum Stickers - Cheers Scott

hamish22

May 12, 2013
West of Newcastle
www.grmotorsport.com.au
Stayed there last weekend, had a site way down the back with friends and found it very peaceful and quiet.
Lots to do for the kids, staff are good, top facilites, great sites and a very neat park overall!

Bad points: The Price considering its not on the water, you have to walk across the road, past the pub and down a steep hill to get to the Water, then back up the killer bloody hill which makes you stop at the pub on the way back!
The Price, Oh did I mention the Price!

But! If you have young children it's probably worth the price as they will be occupied all day!